Jan 12, 2019, 07:48 PM
RC Man
Thread OP
Discussion

AXE 400 RTF Helicopter

I have an AXE 400 RTF Helicopter that I bought at a swap meet. It even came with the Futaba Fast Transmitter already set up by factory. It has the Gyro that was installed by factory and has the Faast Receiver. Is the Tail Rotor servo supposed to return to center if you let off the Transmitter stick? Also It wants to keep spinning on the ground, so I can't take it off. It turns to the left, I can give it full right (Tail Rotor) but is just keeps going to left. I can take off the blades and power it up and it works ok, Right stick nose turns right, left stick nose turns left. Just like it is supposed to. I got a parts helicopter when I bought this one (package deal) that is the same helicopter. Tried changing the gyro but nothing seems to work. My Blade 400/450 and 330x don't do that, they fly just fine. Can any help me on this or do I have a bad helicopter?
Thanks,
Roy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2019, 07:52 PM
Heligamist
First thing to try is reversing the Gyro. Many of them have a small switch for that. Also check the tail belt isn't twisted making it spin the wrong direction.
Jan 13, 2019, 02:46 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
If the tail gyro was reversed then I dont thing you wouldnt ever get as far as taking off, the heli would spin like a top. Are you 100% sure that the respose to rudder stick is in the correct direction.. can you maybe post a video of the tail responding to rudder (with rotor static).

It's possible that the tail in not assembled correctly which is causing the mechanism to lock under load once it spins but first make 100% sure response to stick is correct when static... Many people get this bit wrong.
Jan 13, 2019, 02:30 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
PS.. the 400 being a 'mini' size helicopter you might find more people with experience of that heli if you ask in the mini heli forum.

Quick Reply