Jan 19, 2019, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Thanks for the link. That's a non smart battery -- but I see you can use regular batteries with ec3 connectors with that iC3.

I do have another question -- that battery is only 30c. That's shocking to me. Seems way too low for this quad's capabilities. What kind of amperage does this unit actually pull?

And thanks for being open to discussion, even if no changes can be made now. I hope that Blade might consider fielding feedback from RCG for development of future models. Dicussions like this may have helped you to get the green light to get an F4 pre-development (just an example), even if it isn't "necessary."
Yeah, you can't really define a battery by its C rating in my opinion. C ratings have become quite arbitrary in their testing and sometimes become a marketing tactic as much as a piece of technical data. These batteries hold their own, when you mash it, it will start to sag towards the middle / end of the cycle like i'd expect any battery to do. The nice part is the LRX hovers at about 4 amps, at about 1/4 throttle. Being a 7" quad it can cover some serious ground when you get into it. So since most of the flying is done in the lower end of the throttle range, it tends to sip on the battery when doing the type of flying it was designed for.

A little 3/4 throttle punch out for reference here.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2019, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Holey
What I can say is that I am a professional team pilot and product developer with this company with extensive experience focusing on follow/chase footage via FPV.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. IMO the big difference with chasing a paramotor is the vulnerability of both the pilot and the airframe, should something unexpected happen.

Quote:
FYI, if you were to purchase an LRX in the UK, the VTX would be restricted to 25mw, per UK regulations.
Would that still be marketed to beginners as 'long range'?

Quote:
5" race quad getting 8 minutes on a 1550 4s? ..all I can really say there is congratulations.
Well ... I'm saying it's possible, not that I've done it

My alarms are set for 5:00 / 1200 mAh for normal mixed flying, but from FPV footage and telemetry I know they can cruise at just under 10A on 4S. So yes, a boring 8 min. flight should be achievable on 1550 mAh. Not bad for a setup that isn't aimed at efficiency at all (1.5 kW on full throttle):

5" quads cruising (0 min 15 sec)

Mind you ... some seriously long flights are possible with a 5", if that's what you really want:

21100 meters with my 5" mini-quad (3 min 8 sec)
Last edited by Bill Glover; Jan 19, 2019 at 10:36 AM.
Jan 19, 2019, 07:50 PM
Does it have the same FPV camera as in Theory XL?
Jan 23, 2019, 09:06 PM
These just came into my LHS today and I couldn't help but get one! The construction is VERY sturdy and if looks like it could take a good bit of abuse, though hopefully I don't crash it as much as my 5".
Personally I don't care that much about the specs of the FC and RX being "latest greatest" because the FC already does everything i want, and I'm probably going to put in my DragonLink if i want to go really far.
I love that way it flies! Only got to LOS it around a bit in the fading light but it was very good. This is my first quad bigger than 5" and I was blown away by how smooth it was. You really can feel the size though, it carries a lot of momentum. But I think that's the point, can't wait to try it with my goggles!
I'm certainly excited to use this as a mid-range cruiser, for when i want big smooth runs without worrying about battery.
I want to say that it is really amazing to see Pete on here as a developer talking with users about a product, and as it looks like I am the first one on here (other than pete) to actually get one I want to say that it's great! I'm very excited to get out and really test it. One question though, why did you layout the OSD the way you did? Out of the box mine had a "time powered up" timer but not the "in air" timer, then it had the battery voltage displayed but not the mAh drawn or current. Considering that I was easily able to go into betaflight and change it to my taste I'm obviously not worried about it, more just genuinely curious about the process!
Jan 31, 2019, 11:24 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Is this quad down below a real LR capable quad?
GPS?!?!
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Feb 01, 2019, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
GPS?!?!
Not really sure what you're asking there. Yes Betaflight has a 'GPS Rescue' mode, which is a basic RTH function - obviously you need a GPS module in order to use this Not directly related to LR flying though ... iNav probably a better choice for that.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Feb 12, 2019, 08:12 PM
was geht , müssen unten kommen
There are Some Absolutely awful Design Decisions Here, Did anybody bear To think about the fact that the support for the F3 FC is being Discontinued , We ( the Consumer) don't Just need the additional Flash Space and Faster Processor (for "Useless Features" But actually for Useful things Such as Dynamic D-term and the Dynamic Notch Filters, which makes the Kwad Fly better and give it resilience to bent props etc... but as you said things such as that are "useless"
but I also think that you will find The Number of Available UARTs an issue once you start to actively consider using this Quad For Long Range (being able to add Crossfire or R9m, Smartaudio Enabled Vtx's or GPS for instance) also 1700kv on 6s with a 7 inch is a Horrible Kv Choice and if you had any Clue as to How a Well Setup Quad Flies you would have gone for a 2209 or 2308 Stator size in order to have enough torque to Manage those 7 inch props The IC3 Connector is Garbage As it is Incompatible With the Industry Standard XT-60 Connector.
also a Choice of a CMOS sensor 700tvl cam ?? when a similarly price CCD Has much better light handling performance (the Last thing a New Pilot Wants to have to Do is upgrade their "toy" out of the box because it was built with substandard components at a Premium Price)

and Being this is Marketed at a Newb? Is it Really Wise to put a 6s 7inch Quad With relatively High Kv High Mass and Dreams Sold to them About being able to Fly "long Range" which will Likely Result in multiple Lost Quads and Possible injury Due to a Sub Par Aircraft (for the purpose it is being marketed & Price)

When Clearly you can buy a 7inch quad Much Cheaper Already outfitted with a long Range link for much cheaper?

I rest My Case, Come at Me with an Attack on My Grammar or Spelling if You Like
my point Still Stands that This product may have just had a chance had it been released 6-8 months earlier but not now and definitely not at this price point

I feel sorry for whichever unfortunate soul Purchases this thinking that they bought the latest and Greatest as Per your Ad Campaign

Just my $0.02

K
Feb 12, 2019, 08:13 PM
was geht , müssen unten kommen
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
GPS?!?!
it is indeed
Feb 13, 2019, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith
I also think that you will find The Number of Available UARTs an issue once you start to actively consider using this Quad For Long Range (being able to add Crossfire or R9m, Smartaudio Enabled Vtx's or GPS for instance)
More fundamentally, Betaflight disabled GPS support on F3 boards some time back!
Feb 14, 2019, 10:15 AM

AV Technician

Hello Everyone

I provide Audio Visual support for a Government Agency or entity. I purchased the Blade QX350 shortly after it came on the market, I have the Spectrum DX7s and a Spectrum DX6 Radio. I had to put the RC hobby to the side for a while for financial and health problems. Now I am getting back into hobby again, I am looking at this new Quadcopter very hard. I am seriously considering purchasing one very soon. Your feedback is very important to me, however I am very confused with the lack of enthusiasm for this new Quadcopter from Blade. I own several of Blade Helicopters even the 500 and 600 class (still do not understand why Blade stopped as well as the QX350 series) which I like very much. With all things being considered, don't you guy's experts think that you are being a little hard on this Quadcopter. One thing no one had mentioned is reliability, no one even a beginner wants to deal with a Quad that is very problematic or unreliable or has a very poor reputation with parts like DJI was at one time or another.

Thank you all very much for your input and suggestions
AV Support Techinican
Feb 17, 2019, 01:25 AM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublesided
With all things being considered, don't you guy's experts think that you are being a little hard on this Quadcopter. One thing no one had mentioned is reliability, no one even a beginner wants to deal with a Quad that is very problematic or unreliable or has a very poor reputation with parts like DJI was at one time or another.
There are many reputable, reliable vendors with good support/name backing (not chinese vendors) that you can purchase quality BNF freestyle drones from these days. With great parts support and customer service, too. Out of respect, I won't mention them. So I don't really feel that HH would offer anything superior in this regard either, except maybe phone support? Overall, I think everyone has pretty much expressed the 'why' there is a lack of enthusiasm with counter points provided by Pete -- you just have to weigh it all and find out what matters to you.

I would really like to see more 'prosumer' grade reviews of this model by some seasoned youtube reviewers to see what they think. And not just people who flew it once or a couple of times, but multiple, maybe had some crashes, etc. But no 'full' or in-depth review is anywhere. Just did a quick search of it on YouTube and there are some nice looking video footage from it posted now by a few people. I too owned 350qx and the Chroma but they got out of that sector sadly. Where we differ -- as I moved toward the fpv freestyle scene I pretty much left the spektrum product line.

Anyway, if you've done a lot of looking into all of the options and are most comfortable to stay with HH, go for it. Oh, and please give us feedback on it too!
Last edited by JohnCC; Feb 17, 2019 at 01:37 AM.
Mar 01, 2019, 07:04 AM
Betaflight have announced today that they are ending development for F3 boards. As already mentioned most of the new features since 3.3 have not been included in F3 targets anyway - 4.0 will be the last release available for F3s.

Quick Reply