Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 11, 2019, 07:56 PM
Mini-Review

Ganzo Firebird FH11 D2 Folding Knife

Sent for product review by FastTech.com

Product Page

I do sincerely apologise if I gush a little , the Ganzo FireBird is simply the best Chinese made knife I have experienced to date . The firebird takes Chinese made knives to the next level and priced around $25 USD , one is simply getting a lot of knife for the money . The knife is tight , there is no slop anywhere . The carbon fibre handle feels solid and perhaps a little cold and mechanical . I thought the clip might bite my palm , but no ! Carving up a cardboard box I could barely feel the clip . Also the blade size / thickness is just right , cutting through the cardboard with little resistance . Speaking of cutting ! When I had completed the task of turning the box into strips , I tried to shave my arm . Surprise surprise , it shaved hair with no trouble at all ! Seriously ? , most other knives get quite a bit of wear on the edge and can't shave hair after carving up cardboard . I am amazed that the firebird held it's edge so well . Quite frankly this just might be one of the best Chinese made knives out there , certainly the best that has passed through my hands . I have to say , if you collect or like cheap knives . Then you really need to pony up a little more and get the firebird from Ganzo . Here is a knife that can compete with the more expensive brand name knives from Europe and the USA . If Ganzo continues to make knives like the firebird for the lower end of the $$ market , I would say that other knife makers either need to start worrying or lifting their game . I would rate the FireBird = Must have ! ( Don't have one ? Get one )

BLADE EDGE TYPE.... Fine
BLADE HARDNESS.... 60 HRC
BLADE MATERIAL.... D2 Steel
BLADE TYPE.... Drop Point
HANDLE MATERIAL .... Carbon Fibre
KNIFE CLIP.... Yes
LOCK TYPE.... Liner Lock

Manufacturer

BRAND.... GANZO

Package

PACKAGE TYPE.... Plain

PACKAGE CONTENTS