Jan 11, 2019, 01:41 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Night flying uproar

So I really cut my teeth Learning to Fly on the Old Tower Hobbies uproar 40 years and years ago. When I found out they were re-releasing it as an arf my buddy and I each bought one just cuz. Decided to Electrify them and turn them into night Flyers after I lost my fly beam to the dirt patch having some fun. Since the flybeam's no longer available I wanted something that would be just as easy to see, here's what I came up with. Since this picture I also spray painted the canopy with a light coat of silver paint put lights under it comes through really nicely.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2019, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
Im also thinking about adding 3 lights under the motor on the front angled down slightly for landing lights. My buddies Pawnee has them and they work really nicely for landing.
Jan 25, 2019, 11:56 AM
That looks awesome. In areas like the tail surfaces where there are (I assume) no lightening holes in the structure, did you just poke small holes to run the wires through? Are you using strip lights or individual LEDs?

What type/color of covering?
Feb 04, 2019, 07:53 AM
Thread OP
The tail is typical stick construction, i peeled off the white on the bottoms and one side of the vertical and hot glued in strip lights, i used the smallest wire i could to make connections and used a dead center mount drill for the holes theough. Ill try to get some more pics when i do up my buddies uproar
Feb 04, 2019, 07:55 AM
Thread OP
The covering is white on top and black and white checker on the bottom and the rudder.
Jun 10, 2019, 11:14 PM
Ron_RC
I like flying my UFO after sunset. I had a Slow stick I had lit up like a Christmas tree but the UFO is really fun and it gets a lot of attention for some reason. Ha ha! I have LED nav lights under the RGB lights for orientation. I'm using Blue for fore and Yellow for aft. Hope you like this!

UFO Flying Saucer Beams Up My Wife! (4 min 18 sec)

Quick Reply