Jun 18, 2019, 10:05 PM
NMPRA 34C
Deleted, off topic!

Dave
Last edited by Dave Yost; Jun 18, 2019 at 11:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2019, 11:06 PM
Frank's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Yost
One option is just toss all the gyro stabilization and just fly the thing.

I got tired of messing gains, mixing up different equipment, bla, bla. Did just fine for years with out that stuff. Tried it once....for a few flights. Just not for me. Masked the real flying, never felt the same.

I know it has helped a lot of people that might have not been able to fly higher performance ships other wise. But I just never liked the feel of a robot between my thumbs and the aerodynamic controls.

Dave
Greetings Dave,
I'm under the impression that you're responding to my last post. In the event that you are, I'm not sure where you got, 'the gyro stabilzation', talk, but I made no mention of a gyro. I don't fly with a gyro/stabilizer. All control surfaces on all my planes are manual. No gyros/stabilizers, or control surface mixtures. The only other item, aside from the usual battery pack, ESC, and RX I have inside the fuse is the mini low voltage sensor attached to balance port of the battery pack and the RX that sends telemetry to the TX letting me know the voltage that's remaining. And, Amber (name of the voice pack I use), I call her, Angel Amber, yells at me and lets me know when it's time to come home and land. The timer I have set for each model I fly, is more a backup, in case Amber starts to act up, and starts giving me erroneous voltage numbers.

But back to the subject, what I was referring to are the rates I have set up for my control surface (servo) throws. (High 100% throws, 65% expo) (Mid 70% throws, 35% expo) (Low 55% throws, 10% expo)

If you fly all your models, all the time at 100% throws, and no (0%) expo, then you must be a very advanced RC operator, and hats off to you. I agree with you regarding the gyro subject. Again, I don't use one, and fly my models manually. I also believe it takes away from the fun of actually flying the model (just my opinion). But, at the same time, I can see how it helps some flyers out, especially if you're in a very windy location, or new to the hobby with no prior knowledge of aerodynamics and aviation.

Frank
Jun 18, 2019, 11:24 PM
NMPRA 34C
Ops! My mistake! I assumed the throw conversation was about stabilization.

Sorry about that.

Dave
Jun 19, 2019, 05:48 PM
Looks like Horizon is now offering this plane for $25 off as a part of their fly safe promotion. Man, now I'm really tempted.........
Jun 20, 2019, 09:57 AM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger
Looks like Horizon is now offering this plane for $25 off as a part of their fly safe promotion. Man, now I'm really tempted.........
At the full price of $279, this plane really is a good deal for a spektrum user, strong motor, 23g Metal Gear digital servos all around, ball linkages, rudder hinged (not sure why they didnt hinge the elevator, blenderm to the rescue) and gyro if your into that.

Like a couple others mine did have some QC issues out of box, but nothing that prevented her from flying amazing.
Jun 20, 2019, 11:10 AM

Motor Mount

Anyone else had a cracked motor mount? Mine started making some unusual movements in the air and noises and after landing 3 of the 4 spars on the mount had sheared. Before you ask no crashes or bumps had about 30 good flights with it. Allegedly no stock till December 2019 for replacement.
Jun 20, 2019, 11:33 AM
All aboard Flight 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenElectric
Anyone else had a cracked motor mount? Mine started making some unusual movements in the air and noises and after landing 3 of the 4 spars on the mount had sheared. Before you ask no crashes or bumps had about 30 good flights with it. Allegedly no stock till December 2019 for replacement.
Metal x mount or plastic mount in the fuse?
Jun 20, 2019, 11:57 AM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Wonder if vibration is causing this, I balanced my prop when I installed it however at certain speeds I get a cavitating noise with some good vibrations that go away if I back off or push forward the throttle. I'll make sure to inspect my motor mounts now after every 1/2 dozen flights or so.
Jun 20, 2019, 02:03 PM
RC Addict
Yes my 4 pronged mount discentegrated. Same issues with prop.vibrations at different speeds. Caused this crash. . They are extremely cheaply made.
Jun 20, 2019, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Direct from FMS. Not sure how hard they'll hit you up for freight though.

http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-extra300...-x-motor-mount
Jun 20, 2019, 04:31 PM
All aboard Flight 666
I think $15 shipping if u dear a certain amount.

Maybe worth checking with small parts CNC for a higher quality piece.
Jun 20, 2019, 04:49 PM
All aboard Flight 666
At small parts cnc. One of these may work and is definitely stronger
Jun 21, 2019, 11:48 PM
its a 19mm offset which none seem to supply apart from Horizon. I have made my own for now out of sheet steel as i am not waiting till December and Ill let you know how the flight goes on Monday with it. I was really surprised how cheap it was when i got it out, i am aware its sacrificial to save the airframe but it had cracked so badly it really made me doubt the quality control or design in general.
Jun 21, 2019, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
At small parts cnc. One of these may work and is definitely stronger
thanks for that man, its a 19mm by 22mm which is a really odd size. amazingly you can buy the motor from Eflite which comes with a mount for 58
Jun 22, 2019, 12:19 AM
All aboard Flight 666
If you submit an email to small parts cnc and explain the situation (failures) they might add this to their catalog.

Quick Reply