Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Baselerd, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 10, 2019, 09:31 PM
Trader Rating: 2
$50.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold

Furious FPV True-D 5.8 GHz Diversity RX, Used once, firmware v3.8

I am selling one FuriousFPV True-D diversity receiver system (for 5.8GHz fpv signal), firmware version 3.8. It is less than a month old and has only been used once. These are in 100% working order. I am selling this because I recently acquired a RapidFire setup. I will ship to the US only.
Last edited by Baselerd; Jan 12, 2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Price
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2019, 10:05 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Honestly, how much better are the rapidfires??????
are they worth more???
im new and serious questions. thanks
Jan 12, 2019, 01:17 PM
Well, I didn't use the True D much, but from my experience they perform similarly if you're in an open area without many obstacles. The Rapid Fire is dramatically better whenever you fly around buildings or or trees (I suppose the Rapid Fire works to remove multipathing interference).
Jan 12, 2019, 01:17 PM
Bump: Lowered the price.
Jan 12, 2019, 02:11 PM
Trader Rating: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by skin151
Honestly, how much better are the rapidfires??????
are they worth more???
im new and serious questions. thanks
This depends on your goggle and camera setup.

RapidFire is more power hungry, so you need to be able to put out 5 volts (or close to) which is native to HDO and T2 and can be done via the L1 mod or additional chip/wire on other goggles.

Once the power requirement is satisfied you also want to ensure your camera is compliant with RapidFire. Not all cameras put out signal according to spec, so you may need to drop back to "Legacy" mode in RapidFire to get a decent image.

RapidFire's Legacy mode is on par with what True-D will produce for you.

Now, if you can run in full RapidFire mode, then the difference is noticeable.
RapidFire's method of image rendering is more than just diversity, it uses some kind of repair algorithm with signal from both receivers. When it works it is better than what True-D will do for you with consistency of image and lack of break up.
When it doesn't work it can yield some bizarre image tearing, for lack of a better term, which can make it more difficult to view than normal static.

My short answer is this.
If you've invested in a set of HDO's or T2's, then get RapidFire and you won't be disappointed.
If you're using an earlier version of Fatshark goggles then maybe your money may be best spent on True-D unless you want to mod your goggles via chip or soldering a jumper across L1
Jan 12, 2019, 03:22 PM
Trader Rating: 1
thanks so much guys, I will take this next week when I get my money back on my stupid purchase of the true d 2.4ghz that I bought today like a big dummy I didn't think about it not working with anything I have lmao.
if you still have I will take for sure next week

Quick Reply