Jan 10, 2019, 04:20 PM
Help!

All POSTS APPEARED

Hello:

My opening page to RC GROUPS changed to list all of my 900+ previous read posts. What happened?

Second question. How do I get a response from "RC Model World"

I purchased a Go - 1 WOLF kit from them and 3/4 of the parts are missing. All fuse formers are present, but only a few wing ribs. Not one of each, so I cannot cut the needed ribs for one wing with some ribs, nor can I cut a complete set for the other wing!

I had a similiar problem years ago right after Mr Steel took over the company. No response from an email once a month for whole year?

Is this a lost cause? The website is huge and they seem to be a huge supplier to the EURO world? Has anyone else experienced this type of problem.

Toss the few parts I have and start another project?

Jim
Last edited by vintagesailplnr; Jan 10, 2019 at 04:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2019, 05:38 PM
Brett
They screwed something up trying to fix the opposite issue. You can go to "more" in the top menu and select "mark forums read" to clear out all the subscribed stuff showing up as unread.
Jan 10, 2019, 09:13 PM

Thank you!!!!!

Thank you!
cheers
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaffee
They screwed something up trying to fix the opposite issue. You can go to "more" in the top menu and select "mark forums read" to clear out all the subscribed stuff showing up as unread.
Jan 10, 2019, 10:03 PM
RC model world no longer exist's. However Sarik Hobbies may be able to help you as they are carrying some of RCMW Plan's with short kit's. I just today started Chris William's 2m Wolf out of Radio Control Model Aeroplane magazine. sarikhobbies.com
Jan 11, 2019, 10:31 AM

I just finished talking to Martin of RC Model World. What you reported is exactly what he said. They are in "administration" I think that means something similar to our bankrupt/receivership. Sarik is many time bigger than any US model distributor and no real quality gliders.

Mr. Vic Steel: Traplet, does not reply to emails and the number that was listed in the past is no longer in service. I really would have liked to buy some of Vince Crockett's offering for production in the US, the whole kit and kaboddle!

Traplet would be a great buy/investnment for one or two like minded US sailplane types!!?? Same for an Irish sailplane company that might be persuaded to allow laser cutting of his kits in the US!?

Thoughts?

retired and VERY bored
Cheers
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodjx
RC model world no longer exist's. However Sarik Hobbies may be able to help you as they are carrying some of RCMW Plan's with short kit's. I just today started Chris William's 2m Wolf out of Radio Control Model Aeroplane magazine. sarikhobbies.com
Jan 11, 2019, 10:40 AM
Here's a sad state of affair's, Hobby Town has closed it's door's here in Tucson. As of now there are no LHS in Tucson. When I moved here in 1995 there were six plus. I've thought about writing to Hobby Lobby to ask if they would carry a little more supplies aimed at us, ie Ultracote etc. a line of DuBro product's as well. I hope Sig remain's alive.
Jan 11, 2019, 01:13 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagesailplnr
I just finished talking to Martin of RC Model World. What you reported is exactly what he said. They are in "administration" I think that means something similar to our bankrupt/receivership. Sarik is many time bigger than any US model distributor and no real quality gliders.

Mr. Vic Steel: Traplet, does not reply to emails and the number that was listed in the past is no longer in service. I really would have liked to buy some of Vince Crockett's offering for production in the US, the whole kit and kaboddle!

Traplet would be a great buy/investnment for one or two like minded US sailplane types!!?? Same for an Irish sailplane company that might be persuaded to allow laser cutting of his kits in the US!?

Thoughts?

retired and VERY bored
Cheers
Jim
Sarik is tiny compared to say Horizon, they're much closer to say a HobbyExpress or the combination of Park Flyer Plastics+ Manzano Lazer Works.

Traplet's plans & short kit service was acquired already, by Sarik.

And Sarik is currently offering a wide selection of Gliders as a result, with 78 plans available and a smaller number of short kits (not every plan had a related short kit).

I believe Sarik was the manufacturer being used by RCMW and Traplet for their short kits & plans service, which is what allowed them to take over the business fairly smoothly when Traplet ceased operations.

Quick Reply