This thread is privately moderated by kazaklisglider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 10, 2019, 02:00 PM
Trader Rating: 6
Magic Soaring...
€1,200.00 EUR
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold

Xplorer 2 3800 fully equipped plus carrying bag

Hello,

Of the numerous Xplorer versions this can be considered an all-time classic, a really high performance ship that is also dependable and practical for every day practice as the airframe has the right balance of strength and rigidity without being on the heavy side… every ounce is there for a good reason.

This one belonged to my good friend Aris (ARI KOS GR), he has a thing for Xplorers and so acquired himself most versions, he is an experienced F5J competitor and used this ship for a contest season… I clearly remember this model as it seemed to possess an outstanding L/D at medium/cruise speeds.

He used that to good effect by covering huge areas with minimal height loss and eventually finding lift at great distances… and when he did the Xplorer seemed to hold altitude even in very light lift... despite its two kilos AUW.

Needless to say this contest season was quite successful for him as he surely was very tough to beat… personally giving me a headache to keep up in some fondly memorable rounds!

The model was only used with respect and this care preserved the airframe in pristine condition, no dork landings or high stress situations as Aris is a soft style pilot and loves his models too much… lost a few landing points this way… but he did not mind at all… he mostly won by doing his time even in mediocre conditions.

A few superficial/surface dents induced mostly from handling the model in the workshop or field certainly do not extract from its overall excellent condition, I have included the major ones in my last (26/27/28) photos.

Equipment used is top notch and very carefully installed, paying attention on small details ensures longevity as any experienced builder knows… the model is prepared to deliver dependable performance and not being a fragile nuisance to the pilot who wishes to practice the finer points of soaring.

All in all an honest thermal machine able to deliver in most conditions (except coring 6 foot bubbles at ten feet)… user friendly and lovable for a long time!

EQUIPMENT:
- Motor: Reisenauer Peggy Pepper- SC-2221-8
- Gearbox: Reisenauer Micro edition 5:1
- ESC: YGE 60 BEC
- Wing servos: 4xTurnigy S306G-HV
- EL/RUDD servos: 2xTurnigy S306G-HV
- RX Futaba R617FS
- Prop: Aeronaut CAM 15x10
- Battery used: 3S 1800
- AUW: 2065 grams

Model will be delivered in a special built wood container consisting of 5mm thick ply reinforced with 1x1 inch internal framework and cross bracing, the carrying bag is in as new condition and included in the package.

Shipping will be initially handled by SPM (Special Priority Mail) with DHL taking over international transit and final delivery.
Shipping cost is approx. 160 Euros in most US destinations and included in the price.

I attach 40 detailed photos at my dropbox file:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ozxktwae...KBGN_WSza?dl=0

Contact info: kazaklisglider@yahoo.gr

Regards,
Tasos.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 10, 2019, 03:18 PM
lgs
Trader Rating: 32
lgs
Larry
PM Sent
Jan 11, 2019, 12:42 AM
Trader Rating: 6
Magic Soaring...
Sold to Larry, pending payment...
Last edited by kazaklisglider; Jan 11, 2019 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply