to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2019, 09:21 AM
It was hot! for this time of the year in Florida anyway. First thing in the AM it was very muggy, it got better when the breeze got going, but then it just became hot!
We did have a couple of light drizzles, not enough to stop the contest though. Thermals were available, though most of the time you had to find them, one round was real bad , but it was bad for most.
John Kennnedy was dominant most of the day, he had a plan and he stuck with it, he would just peel left and then down wind, Mike and I were on his tail, not coordinated, just by looking at the round by round scores (I was the score keeper), I did have a pretty bad flight the pushed me down a few spots, but having the dropped score helped me get back in it.
My Radian was just awesome, I moved my battery as far back as I can get it, which helped it penetrate, I did venture down wind a few times farther back than I was comfortable with, with great results.
I am glad Jim Longley came out to spectate, I invited him to come fly with us, and eventually compete when he is more comfortable with it., Also nice to see Rich Kiburis and Beth.
Two more ALES contests before the year end, Oct 26-27 in St Augustine, and Nov 22, part of the Tangerine festivities at Kennyworld.
I will post results from my laptop whenever it decides it is ready to turn on, (It is updating itself right now)
Thanks everyone for coming out, we appreciate your support.

Raed
Last edited by raed5; Sep 29, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
Sep 29, 2019, 10:24 AM
ƃuıʇɐǝʞ ʇʇoɔs
Hot and busy, but fun. Here are a few pictures:

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...
Latest blog entry: Sagitta 600 build 2018
Sep 29, 2019, 03:25 PM
results:
Sep 29, 2019, 03:34 PM
Next ALES contest is going to be in St Augustine Oct 26-27 (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...t-Augustine-FL)
Sorry I skipped the dates in my earlier post, I just corrected them there.
Raed
Sep 29, 2019, 03:36 PM
Im glad to see Mike G got the special prize. Him being special n all
Oct 01, 2019, 09:26 AM

FSS Champion Scoring

Hi Guys,

Here are the latest standings. I'm still calling for the best of 12 scores for the top pilot but I will adjust that with the next issue when I figure out how many total contests will be held this year.

Rick
Oct 01, 2019, 11:18 AM
Thanks Rick
On a different note... Tammy misplaced her sunglasses on Saturday, the last time she saw them they were on the scoring table! They are folding sunglasses.
If you happen to go thru your stuff and find them please let me know, thanks.
Raed

Quick Reply