Jan 08, 2019, 10:06 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tri-core

My "Tri-core", is a one of kind prototype, a composite FPV wing by Firmcore (Nick Sirna), featuring a soft EPP leading edge followed by a special black EPP foam (one off batch from a military drone company in silicon valley). This is a heavier EPP foam but very rigid and strengthens the entire wing. Reinforced by three giant carbon fiber rods, I am able to reach speeds well over 100mph without folding like a taco. The trailing edge is common "Cooler foam" or EPS, its the lightest foam we work with and basically air.

These are the secrets of Flight Club, we hand craft our wings adding several steps to innovate new designs and test and argue in the real world where it matters. This plane will survive 100 crashes of hard core barnstorming while remaining light as a feather so they FLY and we FLY along with it, and it feels good.

I ran this wing so hot the motor magnets fell off, when was the last time you had an aircraft that made you want to just punch the throttle like you stole it? www.firmcore.com
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2019, 12:38 AM
I can see HS-82MG servo in this spy shot. Good choice of servo!

Soft EPP could be #1.3
and Black EPP is obviously ████████

edit; for some reason I can't type out the name of the black epp.... ████████
It gets redacted when I type it!
Jan 11, 2019, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
LOL, that's awesome...told you!!
Jan 15, 2019, 06:58 AM
████████ me Daryl!

It's not just you mt
Jan 15, 2019, 06:59 AM
squishy, I've been watching your videos for years and have always been a huge fan. When will any of the firmcore wings be available for sale?
Jan 18, 2019, 10:11 PM
very cool wing...

Quick Reply