Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 08, 2019, 04:05 PM
grab your PEG !
New Product

NRJ - (OA composites)

Hey DLG friends ,

Here is our new competition model, built by OA Composites, (Anton Ovcharenko and his team), from UKR, designed by Me, Christophe Bourdon from France.
We have put in the project our global experiences in competition, in building, and a long and deep observation about different formulas that have realised the best result in the 10 DLG past years.
Old DLG pilots have measured in this time window the impressive evolution about model weights, aspect ratios, speed range , height of launch and of course technology.

Reaching the excellence in a DLG concept is for our actual times very difficult if one wants to be original and durable on this sensible market. Our goal was to put in the project all the best choices for aerodynamics, for handling, flight abilities using the actual best technology and building skills. There is more to discover yet, but for now, here is a bird that we are proud to present :

The NRJ F3K

Its characteristics are :
19 dm², Aspect ratio of 11.9 , 150mm root chord and an average chord of 130mm, which allows a good cruise speed and a a good L/D. The main difficulty about this type of design is to keep the wing performant at slow speed and High AOA ( I've worked especially on that point ) and we made the statement that similar designs were perfectible in bad air and turbulence behavior. We hope to give a good answer with the present design.

The airfoil serie is going from 6% to 5.2%, keeping a reasonable camber and a good elliptic lift management allong the wingspan ( without tip twisting ) . I've made the choice to keep good acceleration charactéristics and the average momentum of wing reasonably low and smooth to give to the model an easy speed-changing and a global ease, very appreciated in uncertain flight situations.

The good dihedral allows small inputs on the radio sticks to keep the circle while thermalling , with the minimum drag.
The special tip shapes are wanted to mark a different style during flight and to make the model more recognizable.
Launch abilities are up in the modern ranking, our small 4 in nose thin fuselage will help in low drag and speedflight phasis.

The RTF weight would start from 190 gr for light version , giving the possibilities of great minimum sink rate flights, 210 gr for the standard version, (Textrem 60gr!!) and to something like 230 gr for the strongest layup.
After the first monthes of test, our first impressions are .... easy tuning, great handling and L/D, great in slow speed situations, wide speedrange and abilities to fly in first m/s wind without balast keeping its 'energy' ... And i can't tell more... i let the first pilots speak about it :-)

We hope that you will enjoy the machine,
Waiting for conclusion with some worldwide dealers, for now you can contact Anton for any order

More to come on this thread :-)

Christophe
Last edited by titof77; Jan 08, 2019 at 04:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2019, 04:25 PM
Looks interesting.
I'm curious to see how you connect the ailerons to the servos and the entire mechanics as well.

Eitan
Jan 08, 2019, 04:33 PM
plays with toy planes
Handsome, great name, look forward to learning more. Congratulations.
Jan 08, 2019, 04:39 PM
grab your PEG !
Thanks, Barry !

Eitan, i will post soon some detailed photos .
Jan 08, 2019, 04:52 PM
There are some good photos in the German forum, Rc Network: http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...78#post4698978

Tommy
Jan 08, 2019, 04:56 PM
grab your PEG !
Yeah, but as our manual is under construction, Olaf will post better photos after a more accurate install of horns and linkages...
Please be patient
Jan 09, 2019, 12:55 PM
Jan 09, 2019, 07:12 PM
Hi all,this is our deco for NRJ
Available layup is:
Light-cw20 or cw30 spread tow
Standart-cw40 spread tow
Strong-cw60 or textrem 60
We are working on super strong wings from textrem 80g,but now it’s on testing,but approximately weight will be from textrem80-115g.
And some photos out of mould
Jan 10, 2019, 09:46 AM
:-) :-) :-) really looking forward Anton :-)

Tim
Jan 11, 2019, 02:55 AM
Is the price listed anywhere? Thanks.
Jan 11, 2019, 11:19 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTfan
Is the price listed anywhere? Thanks.
`You should ask Anton ,what foam he used for core material first.
Otherwise , You may end up with colored toy which will keep an original shape just about half flying season.
Yuri
Jan 11, 2019, 12:10 PM
Hi,we use same material as rochacell from Evonik,but it’s call Cascell30RS,this material is lighter and more smooth surface at finish wings,and of course we use share web behind two spars,so wings are very stiff and light),see photos

Anton
Jan 11, 2019, 12:36 PM
Or you could have just asked and been more polite and positive about someone else’s hard work.
Jan 11, 2019, 01:12 PM
Not hard and not easy work,but we can do it
Jan 11, 2019, 01:37 PM
Model looks great, I have no idea why Dbox had to assume the worst.

Quick Reply