Jan 08, 2019, 08:35 AM
I like foam
Thread OP
Fly-In

March 16th, 2019. Lansdale, PA. Indoor Fun-Fly.

We're pleased to announce that North Penn High School in Lansdale PA, 19446 is hosting our annual indoor fun-fly on March 16th, 2019. Our event will take place in two of the high school’s gyms, with the divider removed between them. It is a large flying space. The ceiling is approximately 30ft high. The gyms share the long edge of the basketball court.

GYM DIMENSIONS (both opened): 175ft Wide x 105ft Deep

Google Map of School
Approximate time/distance from locations:
2.1 miles from the Lansdale exit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
45 minutes northwest-ish of Philadelphia
30 minutes south of Quakertown
100 minutes east of Harrisburg

TIME: 9am until 4pm (Pilot registration starts at 8:45am. See attachments for schedule)
PILOT COST: a $10 cash only donation to the club lets you fly all day. Grade school pilots 18 and under fly for free.
SPECTATOR COST: Free!
BRING: an extension cord, cash, and your aircraft. A/C power is limited
EVENTS: TBA, We're planning on something... not sure what yet.
REQUIRED: 2.4GHz radios.

We have enough flight line for 10-12 active pilots.
15 minute rotations of: micro only, open (no 3D), 3D, micro helis & micro quads.

ROOM: Approximately 30 tables with chairs will be set up in a “U” shape around the flying area. Table availability is first come, first serve. Maximum of one table per person. However, we encourage sharing! Chairs will be provided. Electricity is limited, but there. Bring an extension cord. Pilots can inhabit the bleachers as well.

PILOT REGISTRATION: at the door, and you'll be again signing the fun-fly promise statement (see attachments)

VENDORS: Vendors are welcome for the event. Contact [email protected] if you're interested. (We'd love donations to raffle instead of a vendor entrance fee).

EVERYBODY: Feel free to bring RC items to sell or trade with each other.

SPONSORS: Sponsorships are categorized at three separate levels: Gold ($50 value and above), Silver ($25 and above), and ‘Bronze (below $25). The level of your donation will reflect the prominence at which your name or business name appears on our website and sponsor list. We will have posters printed for the event. The cut-off date for names to appear on posters is 3/12/2018.

FOOD: We will be selling food from 11am-1pm. Food sales will benefit our district’s Educational Foundation. They've supported us in many ways over the years, and we are giving back, again!

ANYTHING ELSE: Questions? Contact me! [email protected]

We hope you can join us!
Sincerely,
Mike and the NPHS Model Aviation Club Kids!
http://www.northpennmac.org/ Finally updated!

P.S. Assume that none of your friends saw this page, so please spread the word!

Are you still reading this? Tell your friends!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2019, 10:52 AM
I like foam
Thread OP

Park Scale Models attending the Fun-Fly

Our friends, Park Scale Models, will be joining us at the event!

Founded in 2005, Park Scale Models' mission has been to provide high quality, easy to build laser cut model kits at an affordable price. You will find kits ranging from ultra micro indoor flyers to giant scale flying boats!

https://www.parkscalemodels.com/shop/
Feb 05, 2019, 12:01 PM
Ill be there! Wouldn't miss this one. I'll make sure to have the Tiny Whoovs as well!
Mar 02, 2019, 10:58 PM
The event sounds like fun, I plan on making it out this year.

Joe.
Mar 07, 2019, 07:51 AM
I like foam
Thread OP
Wow, Joe! That is gorgeous! We'll make sure to keep the airways safe for another fun event this year so you and all of our friends can go home with the flying version of the planes ya'll show up with.
Mar 07, 2019, 07:55 AM
I like foam
Thread OP

New Sponsor, Nicholas Smith Trains!

Our friends at Nicholas Smith Trains, from Broomall Pa, will be helping sponsor our event. Thank you Nicholas Smith Trains!

http://www.nicholassmithtrains.com/store/
Mar 13, 2019, 05:00 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Hey Mike, a friend and I will Hopefully be there. probally wont be flying this year as I have sold all my little stuff. Thanks for the continuing great show.
Dave

PS I say hopefully because if it is nice out you know where I will be.
Mar 13, 2019, 07:38 AM
I like foam
Thread OP
Don't even bother trying to fly outside; the fields around here are soaked! And, you'll need to eat lunch at some point, so please come and hang out. Thank you!
Apr 09, 2019, 06:40 PM
Mike, had a great time, looking forward to next February. And thanks for the photos, especially of myself and my flying buddy👍🏼

Quick Reply