Jan 07, 2019, 08:08 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
New Product

HG HG-P801 M983 2.4G 1:12 8x8 Off-road RC Car Military Truck Without Battery Charger

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/HG-HG-P801-M983-2-4G-1-12-RC-Car-Army-Green-412424.html

The Creme de la Creme of RC Military Vehicles just dont look at the price lol i have spoken to some owners of the HG P801 and can surprisingly confirm that its owners state that this is worth every single penny, the scale detailing is excellent and it is amazingly manoeuvrable with the drive train providing tons of torque. There are videos on Youtube that detail the P801 and contain running footage which is a better way to judge the capabilities of this military BEAST.

Highlights
Adjustable Gear Position

Central transmission secondary mechanical gear position is adjustable (upgradable remote adjustment).

High-quallity Material

Adopting 1/12 full scale rc car model, it has the chassis made of zinc alloy.

Structure

The front and rear axles adopt a conical gear to straight tooth high-load reduction transmission structure.

Special Design

It takes spring steel plate shock absorber + telescopic double shock absorption, variable stroke ball type universal joint shaft and front and rear independent link type bridge system.

8 Rounds Full-time Drive

Equipped with 8 rounds full-time drive, it has large traction which can pull all kinds of equipment.

Detachable Part

Steering gear control disc can be freely disassembled.

Synchronous Steering

The first 4 wheels adopt the wire rope pulling structure to realize the four-wheel synchronous steering.

Specification
General Brand: HG
Item No.: HG-P801
Car Size: 74 X 24.3 X 21.9cm
Wheelbase: 258mm
Track Distance: 218.5mm
Wheel Diameter: 111mm
Frequency: 2.4G
Scale: 1:12
Motor Type: 550 Brushed
ESC: 320A
Recommend Car Battery: 7.4V 3000mAh 30C(Not Included)
Running Time: About 20mins
Recommend Charger: 7.4V (Not Included)
Charging Time: About 4h
Transmitter Type: Gun Control
Transmitter Battery: 4 X 1.5V AA(Not Included)
R/C Distance: About 100m
Speed: About 12-18km/h
Package Size: 78 X 30 X 28cm
Package Weight: 13.3kg
Package Contents 1 x RC Car
1 x Transmitter
1 x Manual
Videos

to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2019, 08:50 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Looks pretty neat. Wonder if this has proportional control finally. That's what's still lacking on these cheap scale like crawlers.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 09, 2019, 09:11 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Yeah m8 this $450 beast has proportional steering , there is also a secondary mount for another steering servo should you want to increase the steering's accuracy . I wouldnt be surprised if there were additional mountings in order to create a 8WD 8Wheel steer vehicle.

If i could afford the 450 i'd buy one simply because of the actual scale detail and quality components but im collecting funds to invest in a 1/4 or 1/5 4WD Buggy for some long range FPV.
Jan 09, 2019, 08:27 PM
Not a cheap crawler! The P-801 weighs over 19lbs without a battery and is HUGE! lots of metal parts like the chassis, axle housings atc. The truck bed is made from a one piece machined alloy part that is anodized green. Really a cool truck and just very details/scake.

1/12 HG Models P-801 RC HEMTT Unboxing & Review (10 min 36 sec)
Jan 13, 2019, 01:47 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Thank you for the video and over view Jacob makes me want one even more now
Apr 03, 2019, 10:30 PM
As soon as I saw this I jumped on it and ordered one. I served in 2/7 and 1/7 ADA Patriot missile units and we used the HEMMT extensively to pull the radar unit, launchers, fuel trucks, and other uses. I LOVED the chance to drive these because they handled well and were actually pretty quick for a huge truck.

I was looking through the manual while I am waiting on delivery and they show on page 31 a Patriot radar unit! I emailed every seller on eBay as the actual company seems unreachable and asked about the radar trailer. If anyone has any info on this please post here. I certainly want a radar trailer and for sure of they make a launcher trailer I am all over that, or will buy a second radar trailer for the wheels, jacks, and other correct parts and build the rest.

I can't wait to take delivery of my 5th wheel version to tear it down and do a proper paint and start decking it out. Then the trailers!
Apr 04, 2019, 11:56 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
http://hg-rc.com/zh-CN/product.php?Tid=55

No luck im afraid its not even listed on their website, you could email them to see if they can give you information about its availability.
Apr 04, 2019, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately their website lists only phone numbers and the Chinese weechat or whatever it is called app. If anyone has an email please post it!
Apr 05, 2019, 02:28 AM
geekbuying.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarubrat
Unfortunately their website lists only phone numbers and the Chinese weechat or whatever it is called app. If anyone has an email please post it!
Hi friend. We'll consult the manufacturer about Patriot radar and reply you here next Monday.
Latest blog entry: Geekbuying Offers Free samples
Apr 05, 2019, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekBuying
Hi friend. We'll consult the manufacturer about Patriot radar and reply you here next Monday.
Awesome, thank you! Please ask if a Patriot launcher trailer is in the future plans as well.
Apr 17, 2019, 03:54 AM
geekbuying.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarubrat
Awesome, thank you! Please ask if a Patriot launcher trailer is in the future plans as well.
Hi. You're welcome. The manufacturer replied that they don't have the trailer currently and no news about their future plans.
Latest blog entry: Geekbuying Offers Free samples
Jun 09, 2019, 02:15 AM
It seems there are several new products (prototypes maybe): among them i see trailers & add-ons, they seem operated by linear actuators:
4/19/2019/Beijing China RC-HG P801 M901 Model exhibition-001 (3 min 34 sec)

There are other interesting vehicles, the hummer is already in pre-order.
Let's hope that the others hit the market too!
Last edited by LoveMyToys; Jun 09, 2019 at 02:15 AM. Reason: a word
Jun 27, 2019, 11:56 AM
I recently purchased the M997EPP (P801) and it should arrive on July 1st. Can’t wait to receive it. I’m interested in ordering the M983 (P802) but want to have the trailers before I order. Has the manufacture provided any new information regarding the trailer options?
Jul 09, 2019, 11:14 PM

NATO Woodland camouflage paint

Finally painted mine in NATO Tri color woodland camouflage.

Also, the manufacturer needs to label this as an M977EPP. This is not the standard M977, the M977EPP is the version that supports the generators for the Patriot Missile Launching setup. This would normally carry two to three large generators.
Jul 11, 2019, 12:34 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Paint job turned out nicely indeed.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!

Quick Reply