Jun 18, 2019, 05:15 PM
Thread OP
I spent some relaxing time with the Sakonnet this afternoon working on small details. The wooden blocks made of Pear wood, shown above, will not be used on this build after all; they can find a better use on another boat build later on. Instead, the decision was made to go ahead and use the Midwest blocks and make the best of it. I cleaned up the flash off a couple of them so far and they do need the cleanup to look half-way decent. Not sure what I'll use for a finish on these blocks as I don't want them to just look like shiny plastic. Thinking about using Testors Dullcoat lightly brushed over the plastic blocks and then painting the block wire a Brass color as an accent. We'll see...at least I got started on this daysailer again!

Joe
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply