May 09, 2019, 04:25 PM
Looks like i have a major problem when i turn the quad on the gimbal turns on but it looks like it has been put on upside down,It will not function with the scrole wheel or move when tilting the quad won't even point down............any ideas or do i need to take it apart to try and fix it.

As i look at the picture close up the lens looks chipped inside,It just got took out the box

Last edited by Merch; May 09, 2019 at 04:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2019, 05:01 PM
So it doesn't go thru its initialisation? I have no X9 Heron, but I assume that the gimbal should go thru some movements during start-up
May 09, 2019, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
So it doesn't go thru its initialisation? I have no X9 Heron, but I assume that the gimbal should go thru some movements during start-up
Yes it does go through initialisation but stays pointed upwards.......... If i tilt the quad the gimbal will not center does not even move........I did test it indoors after noticing this to see if there was a problem with the transmitter to quad but it hovers fine just no gimbal movement.
May 10, 2019, 12:56 AM
www.freedrone.gr
@Merch: My guess it is that the gimbal does initialize and level but the camera casing might not be levelled properly according to the gimbal pitch motor 'horizontal' level (i.e manufacturing defect).
May 10, 2019, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier
@Merch: My guess it is that the gimbal does initialize and level but the camera casing might not be levelled properly according to the gimbal pitch motor 'horizontal' level (i.e manufacturing defect).
Yes i think this to is it fixable if i open it up?......never tried to fix a gibal before.
May 10, 2019, 02:48 AM
Not sure if these cheap tiny gimbals are 'serviceable' at all Highly likely they're not constructed with servicing in mind.
Last edited by Pixelpeter; May 10, 2019 at 02:55 AM.
May 10, 2019, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Not sure if these cheap tiny gimbals are 'serviceable' at all Highly likely they're not constructed with servicing in mind.
It was a review sample with 2 batteries.....I'll open it and see what i can do or just disable the gimbal motors and make it into a fixed cam.
May 10, 2019, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
It was a review sample with 2 batteries.....I'll open it and see what i can do or just disable the gimbal motors and make it into a fixed cam.
Do that and meanwhile complain to whoever send it to you that it doesn't work properly
May 10, 2019, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Do that and meanwhile complain to whoever send it to you that it doesn't work properly
Already sent a video of the problem to them seems a huge waste of money for something that is broken.
May 10, 2019, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Already sent a video of the problem to them seems a huge waste of money for something that is broken.
A lot of these Spark wannabees seem to have been done only half hearted, send out and immediately forgotten (no fw updates). Done right they would have a real winner.
May 10, 2019, 02:45 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Apart from reliability of QA the only area that the majority of these quads fail completely is in video quality. Rather than concentrate on quality manufacturers seem to be too busy chasing ridiculous features which are ( for the majority ) completely pointless because the initial purpose ( An Aerial Photography Quadcopter with a blurry, 15fps, stretched, interpolated 720p(MAXIMUM) camera that is only 2 seconds away from being a potato ) fails so miserably .

There is no point boasting GPS capabilities with Follow me, Orbit, Waypoints and "Selfie mode" when the camera being used is shite and unfortunately the MAJORITY are indeed shite.

The first company that manages to produce a relatively reliable ( Bugs B2 was reliable) gps quadcopter with a camera equivalent to something like an SJCam4000, Firefly Q6 etc will literally clean up, hell, the Eachine Stack-X camera blows every single one of these budget AP cameras out of the water ! If Eachine put their Stack-X into an Eachine EX1 and fixed the RTH system ) Thats IT , JOB DONE

We were starting to get somewhere but things seem to have taken a pause over the last 6-12 month and now companies are back to producing the same ol' same ol' clone after clone after clone
May 10, 2019, 03:14 PM
Took the quad apart and the gimbal out looked like the bit of plastic on the gibal (marked) was pushed up and under the holder,after i took it apart it moves now yay but will it be smooth also noticed a newer board version V2.3.

May 10, 2019, 07:33 PM
Hovered in the house gimbal seems all good
May 11, 2019, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Apart from reliability of QA the only area that the majority of these quads fail completely is in video quality. Rather than concentrate on quality manufacturers seem to be too busy chasing ridiculous features which are ( for the majority ) completely pointless because the initial purpose ( An Aerial Photography Quadcopter with a blurry, 15fps, stretched, interpolated 720p(MAXIMUM) camera that is only 2 seconds away from being a potato ) fails so miserably .

There is no point boasting GPS capabilities with Follow me, Orbit, Waypoints and "Selfie mode" when the camera being used is shite and unfortunately the MAJORITY are indeed shite.

The first company that manages to produce a relatively reliable ( Bugs B2 was reliable) gps quadcopter with a camera equivalent to something like an SJCam4000, Firefly Q6 etc will literally clean up, hell, the Eachine Stack-X camera blows every single one of these budget AP cameras out of the water ! If Eachine put their Stack-X into an Eachine EX1 and fixed the RTH system ) Thats IT , JOB DONE

We were starting to get somewhere but things seem to have taken a pause over the last 6-12 month and now companies are back to producing the same ol' same ol' clone after clone after clone

Can't resume better well maybe one reason for such s h iii ttt cloning process is probably linked with huge stock of these catastrophic camera sensors they still have.....
Now the drone market is schrinking and these compagnies will vaporate soon .... Only the FIMI A3 understood the situation....
May 11, 2019, 04:13 AM
www.freedrone.gr
Quote:
Hovered in the house gimbal seems all good
Can you post information about the firmware version used on your board?
Thank you.

Quick Reply