Jan 09, 2019, 03:21 PM
Suspended Account
His name is Mohammad Imani Nejad. I have his email if youd like it.

Regards
1B.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2019, 04:40 PM
Hi ,
1 boho is right. If the magnets in this type of rotor are Halbach magnet arrays the magnetic flux will be only on one side of the magnets and the iron on this side will short circuite the magnetic flux. This Magnets are glued together to lower eddy current in the magnets of the rotor. This way of section magnets is not the best but better than to have full size , one pice magnets that slide inside the magnetslot. The rotor is aditional made of electric iron plates and will reduce eddycurrent in the rotor part of the motor. This type of motor is good for electric drives as it need smaler magnets and has additionaly the reluctanze force for torque. cheap way to get a good motor design.

Happy Amps Christian
Jan 09, 2019, 06:48 PM
Can the ESC for this type be made by amateurs,

such as my friend at the field makes his own ESC for fun

Although a lot bigger than a normal ESC
Jan 09, 2019, 07:17 PM
Suspended Account
The IPM or the Halbach?
Jan 09, 2019, 09:06 PM

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1boho
The IPM or the Halbach?

Say the IPM , is it very different to a model plane ESC
Jan 09, 2019, 09:16 PM
Suspended Account
I'm sorry but they don't detail what type of drive they use. Its a pm synchronous ac machine so I imagine a sinus drive. Yes it can built but what the coding is and exact hardware for switched relectance machine I do not know. If field weakening is the way then phase advance is one way how you could accomplish that. I always thought of field weakening as an over rev zone where you will extended rpm with less torque. I have no seen the explanation of how it scavenges reluctance torque. Maybe Christian has a better handle on the switched reluctance/pmac commutation strategies. I have the information filed away somewhere. When I find it Ill send it to you.

Regards
1B.
Jan 10, 2019, 01:45 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
Quote:
Originally Posted by madin8
The big advantage of the halbach array is that rotor back iron is not essential for flux return. ...
Wouldn't that make the magnetspacing in Adam's motor counterproductive?

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
Jan 10, 2019, 04:13 PM
Hi Ron,
this is definitly not a Halbach Array. There photo show 4 magnet parts for each magnet pole. With 4 stripes you have not a Halbach array. The only reason is lowering eddy current by slicing the magnets in smaller sections.
See , what is a Halbach Array the easy way, https://www.magcraft.com/blog/what-is-a-halbach-array .
As you can read , the pm reluctanc motor is best for traktion drive and field weakening if high rev are needed for higher speed. https://www.aradex.de/en/products/el...hybrid-motors/

and like this motor, http://fab.cba.mit.edu/classes/MAS.8...nce/index.html .

Happy Amps Christian
Last edited by Christian Lucas; Jan 10, 2019 at 04:29 PM.
Jan 10, 2019, 04:44 PM
Suspended Account
Madin8 was saying it was not a halbach. And he can see in your paper the dilemma of a low lost rotor and magnet retention.

Nice post.
Jan 10, 2019, 04:57 PM
Hi 1boho,

yes , he is right . But he is not right that the magnets can not fly away at high rotor speed. Let this rotor rev at highest rpm and you will see that the soft iron will bend and break at a circumferential speed of mach 2. A outrunner with carbon bell and Halbach array inside will stand this speed and can run with narrow gap for highest magnetic flux.

Happy Amps Christian
Jan 10, 2019, 05:46 PM
Hi,
4 magnets it's strange number for Halbach array BUT maybe they use some different layout then linear array. Lets say something like this: -||- ( I mean left, up, up, right) or even more fun: \ / \ / or \II/ or \ _ _ /.
I didn't check this configurations.
I'm not familiar with IPM motors and I don't know what is projected shape of the magnetic field in the rotor. But there is a possibility that two of this "arrays" work together like this for example: --|| ||-- to hold the flux close to air gap.
There is a lot of possibility.
Don't blame me, I post this only for fun

(<<vv)(vv>>)(<<^^)(^^>>) etc.
Last edited by adamd11pl; Jan 10, 2019 at 06:07 PM.
Jan 10, 2019, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
Um UMM Adam. It's just like we post. If you actually read Christian link you'd Know better as it tells you specifically the tesla3 will run the v pole IPM like Prius has for many years. It is not a halbach array. Like we've advised. You also can use only certain halbach arrays for rotating machines. You need to read thoroughly through the information that has been provided here through the links. It goes through extensive detail to explain what we are looking at here. The info comes from the top.
Jan 11, 2019, 12:28 AM
Suspended Account
Hi Adam
I think everyone would really like you to share your halbach build. Please start a thread so we can share in your joy. It's very interesting and impressive what you have done so far.

Thank You for your time and patience
1B.
Jan 11, 2019, 05:25 AM
Hi,
I looked at the links. Now it's more clear for me how it works. I like this picture and explanations. I still believe that Halbach can be beneficial for such rotor. I have no time for FEMM of this config but imagine (<^^>)(<^^>) layout in this rotor. It can make field stronger/weaker exactly where is needed.
I'm not telling you that they use Halbach. That's what the person from initial video claim's.
Last edited by adamd11pl; Jan 11, 2019 at 05:33 AM.
Jan 11, 2019, 09:18 AM
Suspended Account
Yes I understand but he clearly hasnt a clue. Maybe he should come here and learn since he obviously has had no exposure really to the info you are now privy.

Quick Reply