Jun 19, 2019, 10:59 PM
I’ll get some of that tomorrow. My transmitter is a Spektrum DX6 and my receiver is a Spektrum TS807X FPV racing receiver autobind. These photos may help. It looks like a rat’s nest. The white wires are the connections to the 4-in-1 controller. The power module is between the two XT60 connectors. The RX is plugged into the SPKT jack, and it binds with no problem. Using a Spektrum 2200mAH ‘Smart Battery’ 30C.
Last edited by SamStaton; Jul 15, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 11:01 PM
I have tried to use both QGroundControl & Mission Planner. Mission Planner wouldn’t even connect today. I don’t think I have ever accomplished a complete setup on the thing.
Jun 19, 2019, 11:03 PM
I think I flashed Arducopter - at least that’s what I saw labeled at the top of the screen in QGroundControl.
Jun 20, 2019, 12:14 AM
I reconnected Mission Planner and ran through the configuration steps. I could see the movement of the sticks on the screen, so all appeared to be well. When I tried to arm the copter, I see the main LED flashing yellow twice, indicating that the. FC failed pre-arm checks. I am now at a standstill.
Jun 20, 2019, 01:14 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I have a DX6 and dont use it for quads.
With a 6 channel DX6 you will not be able to select many functions anyway . You will need about 8 or 9 channels. Some functions are assigned to channels higher than 6. Ardu is correct for the quad. PX4 is aimed more at planes.
You may not be able to arm it inside your home. It needs satellites before it will blink green.
I found with MP that you should select Auto to find your port. It uses different ports depending on whether you are using wifi or usb to program it.
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Jun 20, 2019 at 01:21 AM.
Jun 20, 2019, 01:25 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I dont see any power supply cable going to your Controller.?
Jun 20, 2019, 06:13 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamStaton
I reconnected Mission Planner and ran through the configuration steps. I could see the movement of the sticks on the screen, so all appeared to be well. When I tried to arm the copter, I see the main LED flashing yellow twice, indicating that the. FC failed pre-arm checks. I am now at a standstill.
Cool. At least we are making some progress.

Mission Planner will tell you which pre-arm safety checks are failing. The first way is visually in the HUD pane on the Flight Data tab. The second way is audibly. Go to Config/Tuning > Planner > Speech and put a check in the box.
Jun 20, 2019, 08:46 AM
I get all 3 axes not configured in QGroundControl. Now, Mission Planner will not talk to the quad. This is beginning to look like a waste of time. At first, I got hardware switch not configured, but that went away.
Jun 20, 2019, 10:20 AM
FA3PR9WM79
I've been doing some playing around this morning. On a hunch I went to RadioLink and downloaded their version of Mission Planner.

I took my test bed Pixhawk quad and connected it to "real" Mission Planner and saved the parameters to a file.

I disconnected from "real" Mission Planner, shut it down and started RadioLink Mission Planner. I went to Initial Setup > Install Frimware. Mission Planner hit the 'Net and grabbed firmware version tags for all of the frame types.

The key point here is this: When I do this in "real" Mission Planner, the version tags include the word "Official." When I do this in Radiolink MP the version tags do not have the word "Official". This tells me the firmware(s) for a "real" Pixhawk and a RadioLink Pixhawk are different.

Another difference is Nuttx vs ChibiOS. These two guys are embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and they are what makes a Pixhawk tick. ArudPilot has been using Nuttx for a long time, but recently they decided to move to using ChibiOS. They have not completed the switch over so they give you the option to use either RTOS. RadioLink MP DOES NOT give you this option.

I think what happened is when you used qGroundControl it came up with the ChibiOS version of ArduCopter at the top of the list so that is what you installed, and this just might explain why you are having so much trouble.

So here is what I am recommending:

1. Click on the blue RadioLink and download their Mission Planner installer.
2. Uninstall "real" Mission Planner.
3. Double click the RL MP installer.
4. Run RL MP.
5. Go to Initial Setup > Install Firmware and flash the board with the RL version of ArcuCopter.

Hopefully this will get you back on track.
Jun 20, 2019, 06:49 PM
I’ll try it, but I have to walk away from it for a while. Your help has been invaluable and I really am thankful for your willingness to share your time. I have become so frustrated with it that I need to cool off for a while. Thanks, Chief!
Jun 20, 2019, 09:39 PM
FA3PR9WM79
No problem Shipmate. I get frustrated from time to time myself. That's why I have a trike...
Jun 24, 2019, 06:38 AM
I tried the RadioLink version and it was spectacularly unsuccessful. Couldn’t find the FC - it latches on to Com 6 for some reason and MP could only find Com 5. It did connect once, but had the same results as previous attempts. Then, it loaded other drivers and couldn’t find Com 6. This project is now on the shelf indefinitely. Thanks very much for your time and efforts is trying to help me make this work. Fair winds and following seas!

Quick Reply