Jan 05, 2019, 05:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Cowl, Somethin' Extra

Afternoon everyone. Looking to see if anyone has had any experience adding a Fiberglass Specialties cowl for a Somethin' Extra? I found an ARF kit of the airplane in question that was tucked waaaay back in a corner. I'm not even sure when I acquired it, but it's a purple one, which I see isn't offered anymore.
Wanted to use electric power in this, but back then SIG didn't offer any cowl for it. I see that the current Somethin' Extra EG release has a cowl, which make the ship look a lot nicer. I called SIG and talked to their Tech guy but he wasn't sure if the 'EG' cowl would fit my version. I'd rather buy a factory cowl if it'd fit the older ARF model even though it's more dollar wise than the Fiberglass Specialties. I a thinking there'd be less cutting, sanding and trimming to make it fit with the factory offering. Or if anyone has used an 'EG' cowl on the kit version. at the moment I'm also in the middle of building a kit version I bought at an auction, so I need two cowls. Just want to buy ones that fit 'easier'.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply