Feb 23, 2019, 10:42 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Kent, but can you be specific as to what to do now step by step Dave

Going to post update pictures of the brakes as completely revamped to be more scale looking just waiting for the Hex rod to make the bolts for assembly.

Have no idea when I'll get to build the wings as the brass tube supplier is out of stock and his supplier Germany said they have been shipped.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2019, 03:08 PM
Thread OP

Moswey lll

I soldered an actuator arm to the brass boxes and then painted them with aluminum spray paint, they are now complete with the exception of the hex head bolts I'll make them Monday night from hex rod stock. When installed I'll add the cap strips and sand to wing profile
Feb 24, 2019, 01:15 PM
Everything's A Composite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagliderguy
Thanks Kent, but can you be specific as to what to do now step by step Dave
Sure.

You are using an internet browser to view and post on this thread. That browser can have multiple windows or tabs opened at one time. My browser shows them at the top. Typically you just click on the "+" sign to open a new window. Once you do that, navigate to this thread to see all previous posts while you are creating a new post in a different window. If this is still unclear, ask any teenager to show you. If you do, they will no doubt think it is a trick question because it is so obvious to them, but it's really a generational thing. The teenager probably doesn't know what counter clockwise is.

If you use Firefox browser, you can right click on the open RCG tab and select duplicate tab and get a new window that is the same as the one you are working in. see pic
Feb 25, 2019, 12:36 AM
Thread OP

Moswey lll

Hi Kent,

After I posted my question I went back to my original posting and for the first time I noticed on the R /H in blue there is a caption that reads if you want to view all the images in this posting just click here, never noticed that before

Dave
Mar 05, 2019, 05:11 AM
Any progress Dave??

BC
Mar 06, 2019, 07:23 PM
Thread OP

Moswey lll

Hi Barry.

Quite a bit ready to glass the fuselage tail assembly complete and covered scissor type blades finished making new bolts to look more authentic . But only got out of hospital a couple of hours ago went in last Friday with abdominal pains turns out to be Pankchritus and also had the gall bladder removed NO ALCOHOL I loved Southern Comfort! I'll look at where I am Tomorrow Oh! I got my wing rods at last from the UK fast delivery 7 days post later

David
Mar 16, 2019, 11:44 PM
Thread OP

Moswey lll

Ok! made some progress the brakes are now finished ready for installation albeit I have to figure out the best solution for the install. As you can see I did a dry run of the root ribs to the fuselage as I added the nylon snap link retainer I added that feature just to keep the root snug with the fuse instead of using tape. The other pictures show the again dry run of the ribs and the wing blade tubes in place every thing seems to marry up Ok!
Mar 17, 2019, 11:04 AM
Everything's A Composite
no pics, so I'll ask........................
Did you skin the fuse with 1/32" birch ply, glass it then body filler it until it was smooth as a.................
Mar 17, 2019, 04:49 PM
Thread OP

Moswey lll

Hi Kent,

Skinned with Birch then filler then will glass, but I need to add wings to fuse to get the right transition to root ribs, worked on the L/H panel waiting for glue to dry used a highly rated expensive product but its slow to cure Loctite EA9462 $60 for za two pack including the dispenser gun and two mixing nozzles AKA Hysol.

Did you like the brakes that's the next thing to install

David
Mar 17, 2019, 07:10 PM
Everything's A Composite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagliderguy
Did you like the brakes that's the next thing to install
I'm reservering judgement until I see them in action on the first landing.

Flying my 4m Salto was quite fun at the beach when the right spoiler would retract into the wing just fine and the left one would stay up. It creates fine turn on final.
Mar 22, 2019, 04:05 AM
Here is a short video of the 2nd flight of my Moswey III (not the best video quality, sorry !)

Moswey III (4 min 4 sec)
Mar 22, 2019, 09:08 AM
Everything's A Composite
I like the landing bravado. Head right for the crowd then spin around ready for another flight. No one flinched so I guess they are used to your antics.

Seems to be a good performer. My 1/4 scale Baby Bowlus would land right behind the tow plane.
Mar 22, 2019, 05:31 PM
Thread OP

Moswey lll

Hi Sal,

love the music. The Moswey seems to get up on the step or is that how you normally fly as Kent said great landing You should compete in ALES spot landing is the key!

Do you have any other pictures to share, was this from the German kit, did you paint the wings or just the sheeted area's I'm thinking of painting mine the Metalic blue as is the one I'm doing with double air brakes but to leave the flying surfaces clear Solartex except for sheeted area.

I worked all day on my wing panel just finished making the balsa infill trailing edge ready for the 4mm ply sheet.

Pictures to follow
Mar 22, 2019, 05:45 PM
Here is a picture of my Moswey III. The landing was not perfect. It was only my second flight with this bird.
Apr 13, 2019, 10:39 AM
Any more progress Dave?????

BC

Quick Reply