Jun 30, 2019, 11:43 PM
I think you’re right! I need to look for a suitable bomb.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2019, 09:46 PM
My club (Wingdingers of Dallas Oregon) had its annual Warbird Day today. I got my third flight on my Green Val while flying with a P-51 Blue Nose. He had a Saito 115 on the bigger P-51, but we were evenly matched in speed and had a ball chasing each other. He likes to make low passes like me, so it was just one after another with rolls and loops thrown into the skirmish. Kinda really finding familiarity with the Val and loving how it flies, as much as how it looks. With this enthusiasm, maybe I will cut away the rear canopy to mount the rear gun!
Oct 10, 2019, 04:09 PM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Great thread!
Oct 11, 2019, 02:50 PM
Nice gathering!!!
Oct 17, 2019, 08:58 PM
I received my Val about a week ago.

I will be using an Eflite Power 46 for a motor.

I am awaiting servos now-going all JR with XBus.
Oct 22, 2019, 08:41 PM
You will like how the plane flies a lot, and it looks so good in the air and on the ground. But if you fly off grass, or have to deadstick off a paved or matted runway, get ready for the wheel pants to bend back, cracking the plastic pants, aprons(the plastic part that screws to the wing, then hangs over the wheel pant legs), the bottom covering, maybe some bottom sheeting, and softening up the so-called LG mounting blocks. I decided to wait till I damaged the area enough rather than rip it open as a virgin. Upon cutting her open for repairs, i discovered that the mounting blocks are not really blocks. They are plymash of at most 5/16" thickness. I cannot even call them plywood cuz they are so soft. I just repaired mine with some hardwood, and I previously added an extra piece of metal rod to each LG at the point where the stock wire makes a 90 degree bend to then lay flat in the wing bottom. this gives two vertical pieces of wire to insert into the wing rather than just one. I will have to post some pics later, but they are on my ipad, not this pc yet. I just completed this repair in the last week so I have yet to test it. I am waiting for my son to 3D design and print me up two new pant attachment thingies. Both shattered in my deadstick landing off the runway. Good luck with your Val!
Nov 10, 2019, 03:53 PM
maukasoar,

Thank you for the info and the great photographs!
Nov 10, 2019, 05:23 PM
You’re welcome! That rough crash landing also decimated the black plastic mounts that connect the plastic wheel pants to the LG wire struts. I glued one back together then mailed it to my son who 3d designed and printed me two replacements. They work great. I suggested a couple mods to make it even stronger. When he completes those, I will replace version 1, but for now they reside on the plane in case I want to fly . Also, I am leaving the plastic aprons off since they just create more damage and repairs on hard landings. They are not really missed on the ground or in the air.

Quick Reply