Jan 23, 2019, 12:08 PM
"Furadi"
Someone mention checking the gears for grease and that they might be plastic. Happy to see they're both metal and greased.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2019, 03:34 PM
Got mine today and agree it runs great! I am HAPPY to see they must have seen and listened to everyone and now actually used grease in this one!
Jan 24, 2019, 01:45 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Keep it under the $150 tag and youve got a winner
Jan 24, 2019, 02:44 PM
A little BEAST!
ECX TEMPER GEN 2 1/18 ROCK CRAWLER UNBOXING AND TEST (11 min 35 sec)
Jan 24, 2019, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Ah, that is a bummer. I was hoping it had a separate radio system and ESC. You could get a nice waterproof ESC on eBay for around $15-20, but you'd have to get a different receiver as well.

I wonder if rear wheel steering can be added to this truck with minimal "hacking"? That would be sweet as the short wheelbase would make it turn on a dime with RWS!
Looking online, looks like you need:

servo mount (rear axle case looks like it has the mounting points already)
steering linkages
front axles (the inner axles, not the casing)
front hubs/knuckles

then either a better tx/rx so you can do mixing, or just a y harness and reverser if you wanted full time 4ws.

https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/fou...steering.1514/
Jan 25, 2019, 07:32 PM
things a little beast!

ECX TEMPER GEN 2 ROCK CRAWLER TEST REVIEW RUN (10 min 2 sec)
Jan 27, 2019, 01:26 AM
Very nice guys! This little guy is going to sell well I think. It looks bigger than the scale they say too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
Looking online, looks like you need:

servo mount (rear axle case looks like it has the mounting points already)
steering linkages
front axles (the inner axles, not the casing)
front hubs/knuckles

then either a better tx/rx so you can do mixing, or just a y harness and reverser if you wanted full time 4ws.

https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/fou...steering.1514/
Cool! So relatively simple then! If I get one I will definitely do the 4ws...I bet it would turn on a dime then.
Jan 28, 2019, 03:17 PM
ECX TEMPER GEN 2 STEERING MOD ( ECX BARRAGE 2 DOOMSDAY GEN 2 ) (6 min 5 sec)
Jan 30, 2019, 11:19 PM

Thanks for the video

Purchased one of these last weekend. Ordered a servo after reading comments. When I have the servo off I’all look at modifying the steering. Thanks for the video
Feb 02, 2019, 01:26 PM

Servo question

Hey Conradm, when you swapped your servo what did you do about the power on switch? I bought a servo but discovered that the power on switch and servo are on the same connector on the esc?
Feb 03, 2019, 11:05 AM
"Furadi"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashoverride1
Hey Conradm, when you swapped your servo what did you do about the power on switch? I bought a servo but discovered that the power on switch and servo are on the same connector on the esc?
hmmm mine has an extension that's tucked in next to the battery tray. I just plugged the new servo into the extension.
Feb 04, 2019, 02:30 PM
Here you go.

ECX TEMPER GEN 2 SERVO UPGRADE | HOW TO INSTALL A BETTER SERVO | (14 min 7 sec)
Feb 04, 2019, 07:16 PM

Many thanks

Thanks for the info Conradm. And...very special thanks to reptileman for the video. I'll tear into this whenI get home later this week.
Feb 04, 2019, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashoverride1
Thanks for the info Conradm. And...very special thanks to reptileman for the video. I'll tear into this whenI get home later this week.
Your welcome. Hope you subbed me!
Feb 05, 2019, 08:00 PM
"Furadi"
Some real tires for the little Temper! Class 1 Hyrax. Now I just need some good weather to roll around again lol. Wheels are pro-line fault lines and added about 30g per corner.

Quick Reply