Jan 15, 2019, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb
You can usually just switch out the receiver.
It's a 2 in 1 rx/esc, so you'd be swapping out both.

to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2019, 07:45 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
^
Wow...ive never seen that duo.
Talk about mass produced and cost cutting
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jan 15, 2019, 07:55 PM
Ah, that is a bummer. I was hoping it had a separate radio system and ESC. You could get a nice waterproof ESC on eBay for around $15-20, but you'd have to get a different receiver as well.

I wonder if rear wheel steering can be added to this truck with minimal "hacking"? That would be sweet as the short wheelbase would make it turn on a dime with RWS!
Jan 19, 2019, 10:30 AM
"Furadi"
Picking one of these up next week from the LHS for my 7 year old. Already ordered one of those cheap 20kg servos on amazon.
Jan 21, 2019, 10:49 PM
"Furadi"
They got delivered to my LHS this morning and I had one in hand about 15 minutes later. This is so my 7 year old can come trailing with me. Not a bad little rig for $150!
Jan 22, 2019, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
^
Wow...ive never seen that duo.
Talk about mass produced and cost cutting
It's become extremely common on lower priced RCs, as well as on smaller RCs where space is at a premium.
Jan 22, 2019, 02:58 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
What is the single most important upgrade on this crawler?....servos?
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jan 22, 2019, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
They got delivered to my LHS this morning and I had one in hand about 15 minutes later. This is so my 7 year old can come trailing with me. Not a bad little rig for $150!
You're thoughts and a vid would be greatly appreciated .
Jan 22, 2019, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Yes servo and grease the gears in the ales and stuff most likely because if it's like the barrage gen 2's they come bone dry!
Jan 22, 2019, 04:12 PM
"Furadi"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl8zn
You're thoughts and a vid would be greatly appreciated .
Probably will post something. We played with a lot last night. Pretty capable little rig!
Jan 22, 2019, 04:13 PM
"Furadi"
Quote:
Definitely servo. Stock servo barely has enough power to turn the wheels under it's own weight. The 20kg I got on amazon was $18 and has something like 260oz.
Jan 22, 2019, 08:12 PM
"Furadi"
So I understand that my TRX4 is a scaler... but I'm kind of surprised by how much it got whipped by the Temper 2. At least at this particular little rock course in my neighborhood lol.

Going to try to have some footage up by morning.
Jan 22, 2019, 09:22 PM
Sweet. I have watched the limited vids of this rig on youtube and it seems to have lots of wheel speed. What would you say the pros and cons are to this? Ive watched your vids of the trx4 which has a much slower wheel speed in comparison. And can you get a slow wheel speed out of the ECX?
Jan 22, 2019, 09:50 PM
"Furadi"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl8zn
Sweet. I have watched the limited vids of this rig on youtube and it seems to have lots of wheel speed. What would you say the pros and cons are to this? Ive watched your vids of the trx4 which has a much slower wheel speed in comparison. And can you get a slow wheel speed out of the ECX?
Oh as far as top speed the TRX4 sport blows it away. But yes you can slow crawl with the temper though it would be much better if you had throttle expo. That made a big difference with my TRX4.
Jan 23, 2019, 08:53 AM
"Furadi"
Temper 2 out with my TRX4 sport!

ECX Temper Gen 2 VS TRX4 Sport // First impressions (11 min 17 sec)

Quick Reply