Jan 08, 2005, 08:47 PM
Fly safe, fly often!
Thread OP

Video Of World's Best A/P Plane - Nearly Hit Photographer (oops)

Here's another (low quality) video of the ultimate a/p ship. My SS is collecting dust since I began flying the BuzzDog. Today, I was using the "windy wing" (least undercamber - great wind penetration & glide) - the other wings are for heavy payloads, stunt flying and STOL applications.

click here to see the video

I just can't get enough of this plane!!! Even in wind, it's phenomenal!!! I think I scared the photographer once - oops! The plane wasn't really as close to the camera as it seemed in the video - the zoom was on & blah, blah, blah.

Happy flyin',

Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2005, 08:56 PM
Haha,

Thats awesome. It looks like a VTOL when landing!!

Oh man that thing must be fun. Im curious how much weight those things can carry. You tried anything yet?

Awesome bird.
Jan 08, 2005, 09:34 PM
Fly safe, fly often!
Thread OP
How much weight? I'm not really sure, but with the camera attached, the performance seems "normal" - perhaps a very slight degredation in glide performance - certainly not much. With 660 (actual) square inches of slightly undercambered wing, this thing will lift like . . . um . . . a normal sized anvil, I guess.

Happy flyin,

Buzz
Jan 08, 2005, 09:39 PM
That was a cool video!!

I also liked the VTOL on landing!!

I had to look at it again cuz i could believe it was decending vertically

ash
Jan 08, 2005, 10:13 PM
that was one wicked video!
Jan 09, 2005, 07:23 AM
WOW A Harrier! Great video!

Quick Reply