Jan 03, 2019, 06:31 PM
Pattern Mstr
Thread OP
Discussion

RMRC Recruit V2

Hello all.... I just purchased a Recruit to dive into the FPV world of the hobby. I am impressed with the overall quality, and etc... However, I have noticed something a little worrysome with my FC..... When I power on the plane, and arm the FC the left elevon raises about a quarter inch... I have no other mixes or trim, and everything was mechanically centered. The FC does seem to be working as far as correcting for roll and pitch when I move the wing by hand, however the left elevon is still very much in the up position when the right one is neutral. With torque wanting to roll the wing left anyways, I am worried when I go to launch the first time it is going to roll fairly violently to the left.... Thoughts ?? See video below. Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2019, 06:34 PM
Pattern Mstr
Thread OP
Sorry couldn't load video for some reason.....
Jan 03, 2019, 07:31 PM
I had the same concerns and submitted a ticket to RMRC they said "That is normal, they either work or they don't" so with this reply to fall back on I threw mine in the air and it flies wonderfully. I have gone through the 3 positions and each flies differently. I do not like the Stabilized mode. I think some use this for launch. It is hard to get information on what each does. I launch mine in the off mode at about 5/8 throttle and full up elevator and it flies great. I use throttle cut and set the throttle where I want it hold full up, and turn the motor on with the TH switch and it launches great. The stabilized may do the same but I have flown a lot of wings and found my way works the best.

I have also gone with a 4S battery and a 6x5.5E 2 blade prop. I only fly at 50% throttle and use the top half for 'burst' power. I am sure the motor is not rated for the wattage for long periods of time but I like vertical and this set up gives me about 5-10s of burst when I need it. don't stay there too long.

I found with my TX that the upper 50% of the throttle did nothing so I made adjustments to give a full range of throttle up to 100% stick.
Jan 03, 2019, 07:34 PM
FPV really is fun.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ll-AR-Wing-FPV
Same aircraft. Worlds of info there.

Quick Reply