This thread is privately moderated by Xform, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 03, 2019, 10:54 AM
Trader Rating: 6
Micro Heli Flying
Thread OP
$85.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

Blade MCPX V1 FAI Canopy with Upgrades VERY RARE V1 Board Good for Brushless Upgrades

Up for sale is a very rare Blade MCPX with an original V1 board. This MCPX has a V1 board but everything else on it is V2 including the V2 "B" Blade Grips. This MCPX has a couple upgrades. The tail boom has been upgraded to the Horizon Hobby extended solid carbon fiber tail boom. This greatly improves tail authority and reduces tail blowout. The MCPX also has an MCPX BL aluminum swashplate installed which will pretty much never break unlike the stock plastic swawshplate. Also, the swashplate allows for greater precision when flying. O-rings have been installed on all the swash balls for greater stability and less slop. This MCPX is using MCPX BL linkages for greater durability. Last of all, this MCPX has a rare FAI style canopy and body perfect for collectors and for scale flying.

What is the difference between an MCPX V2 3-in-1 main board and an MCPX V1 3-in-1 main board?

All over helicopter forums (RC Groups, Helifreak, RC Universe, RunRyder, etc...), people usually recommend a V1 board over a V2. For people planning to upgrade to a brushless motor or for people who have, they all definitely say a V1 is better. The V1 board is less sensitive to vibrations which are even more present in a high-powered brushless setup.

For me, I have flown both V1 and V2 MCPX both stock and modded to brushless. I think the V1 board performs better. With the V2 even on stock, I would get a 1/4 tail kick when the rotor head was unloaded and sometimes at random. This was extremely annoying especially for people who are learning when the tail just kicks and the heli is in a different orientation.
On the V1 board, I never experienced a 1/4 tail kick at all. The MCPX seems to be more predictable and I never have to worry about the tail misbehaving anymore.

Another thing is the V1 board spools up faster when put into Idle-UP mode compared to the V2.

Most of all, the V1 works well with brushless upgrades while the V2 may start doing random things by itself when exposed to excessive vibrations such as rolling sideways, rolling backwards, tail kicking crazily, etc...

In short, the V1 board is superior to the V2. For more information, check the RC forums and you will see why.

This MCPX is in great flying condition and everything is working on it. It does fly a little more heavy than stock due to the heavier FAI body, but you can always put the stock canopy back on it if you desire a lighter heli.

This is one of the very few V1 3-in-1 boards left in existence.

How do you tell the difference between a V1 board and a V2 board? The MCPX V1 board will say MCPX 3.9. An MCPX V2 board will say MCPX 1.5 or 1.6. Also a V1 board has the chip in the back near the bottom right that a V2 board doesn't have. As you can see from the pictures, this is clearly a V1 board.

I really didn't want to let this one go, but I need some extra cash. Don't miss this extremely rare MCPX V1!

You will need a Spektrum DSM2 6+ channel or greater radio to fly. While you can get by with a DX4e or a DX5e, I strongly recommend a Spektrum Computerized radio DX6i or better.

Shipping is free to all 50 states in the USA.

Thanks for checking out my listing and happy buying!
Last edited by Xform; Feb 19, 2019 at 10:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply