Jan 22, 2019, 07:26 PM
Earth-bound misfit
The effect of an Oxford comma is affected by its placement...

It's Maximum DROverdrive! I'm gonna have to watch this one. Might be best viewed through the bottom of a bottle of Bourbon.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
It can’t be bad press and there’s no way it will kill or even have an affect on the hobby. This isn’t a realistic depiction of drones and no one will take it seriously like it could actually happen.

I'm going to disagree. Your relying on the general public to recognize the difference between what would happen if you stick you body parts in a Cuisinart vs. quad-copter blade. We know the difference because we use them, We also know that heli blades have in fact killed people in freak accidents - the public sees spinning blades and stops their analysis there... .

In addition, whatever footage they present as the drone's point of view will most likely be shot in very high resolution and will be crystal clear day or night. To top it all off - for the sex angle they've made it stalk some actress by the pool, in the shower, etc.. - it will give all RC drones a bad rap regardless of if it's realistic or not.. The average movie goer will believe every tiny drone is capable of 4k w/ 20x optic stabilized zoom and can navigate any obstacle and is whisper quite to boot.....
Last edited by pigmypuncher; Jan 23, 2019 at 08:06 PM.
Jan 25, 2019, 09:41 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmypuncher
I'm going to disagree. Your relying on the general public to recognize the difference between what would happen if you stick you body parts in a Cuisinart vs. quad-copter blade. We know the difference because we use them, We also know that heli blades have in fact killed people in freak accidents - the public sees spinning blades and stops their analysis there... .

<SNIP>
In short...there is no shortage of stupidity these days.
Last edited by Repaid1; Jan 25, 2019 at 09:48 AM.
Jan 25, 2019, 04:12 PM
Life is short, buy the boat.
wow...
Jan 26, 2019, 12:38 PM
Quote:
It can’t be bad press and there’s no way it will kill or even have an affect on the hobby. This isn’t a realistic depiction of drones and no one will take it seriously like it could actually happen.
Depends on how you define “seriously.” There are people who take the claims that DJI drones are good professional tools seriously..
Jan 26, 2019, 02:10 PM
Earth-bound misfit
The movie Jaws had a permanent effect on beach goers for decades. Changed public perception, promulgated misinformation about the species...
Jan 26, 2019, 02:23 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck
Depends on how you define “seriously.” There are people who take the claims that DJI drones are good professional tools seriously..
...and then prove it with a 6 figure annual salary...seriously...why do you constantly take jabs at people and a company. Doesn't bode well for a military man.
Jan 26, 2019, 08:44 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac428
The movie Jaws had a permanent effect on beach goers for decades. Changed public perception, promulgated misinformation about the species...
Agreed, when you see a Phantom slicing and dicing with blood flying it's bad for our community regardless of intent or perception.
May 20, 2019, 12:10 PM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380

Alternate movie title.............

DRONEADO! But, Sharknado was stupid enough and funny enough that it got a cult following. This movie just looks stupid.
May 20, 2019, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Just what we need more bad press!

Looks very bad from the Tralier. I doubt it will stay in movie theaters very long. This one looks like it should go straight to DVD
Won't even make it to DVD. It will be download only, betcha.
May 20, 2019, 12:21 PM
Quote:
LOL. I stand by my affect wording.

af·fect1
/əˈfekt/Submit
verb
have an effect on; make a difference to.
I doubt that it will affect the public opinion of drones. But, it will have an effect on the producer's bank account, in a negative way.

Quick Reply