The Drone - Yes This is a Real Movie

Drones are no strangers to movies, they've been used as tools for cinematographers for ages to capture amazing shots from the air. This year though, drones will take to the big screen as the main villain.

Splash

Drones Take on Hollywood in 2019

Drones are no strangers to movies, they've been used a tools for cinematographers for ages to capture amazing shots from the air. We've even seen some used on screen in films like Mission Impossible as cool little gadgets used for surveillance, but in 2019 Drones will take to the big screen as the main villain. The trailer states that we depend on technology everyday, but what happens when it gets a mind of its own?

The Drone is a comedy/horror film where what is obviously a DJI Phantom drone gains consciousness and goes on a murderous rampage. It reminds me of the Scary Movie parodies in a way, where it's so obviously far from reality that it becomes hilarious. It does seem funny from the bits in the trailer, but what I find most interesting is how drones are now so main stream and well known that someone signed off to make this movie putting drones as a main character. It will be interesting to see how it does. Currently the movie is in post production status with only a 2019 release timeframe. No word if it will actually come to theaters or be released as digital only. Check out the trailer below.

Jan 03, 2019, 12:51 PM
??? GOOD MOVIE ,, (( IF YOU WANT TO KILL RC FOR ALL!!))
SAD
DanT
Jan 03, 2019, 01:09 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Just what we need more bad press!

Looks very bad from the Tralier. I doubt it will stay in movie theaters very long. This one looks like it should go straight to DVD
Jan 03, 2019, 01:20 PM
RCG Admin
It can’t be bad press and there’s no way it will kill or even have an affect on the hobby. This isn’t a realistic depiction of drones and no one will take it seriously like it could actually happen.
Jan 03, 2019, 01:29 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Anything that shows drones in a negative or bad light is bad press.
The thriving drive-by media is a perfect example of this.
Of course nobody will take it seriously. But…
Nobody actually thinks anything through anymore. They just remember in the back of their mind that they saw something bad about drones and drones are bad.

In these days (no press is good press)
Jan 03, 2019, 01:31 PM
Will the FAAs "Buzzy" the drone be making an appearance?

I hear works dried up for him post Christmas season...
Jan 03, 2019, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
It can’t be bad press and there’s no way it will kill or even have an affect on the hobby. This isn’t a realistic depiction of drones and no one will take it seriously like it could actually happen.
How about you learn the difference between “affect” and “effect” first?
Jan 03, 2019, 03:23 PM
Landing is not optional
That has to be one of the worst trailers I have seen in a long time.
Jan 03, 2019, 03:30 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTfan
How about you learn the difference between “affect” and “effect” first?

LOL. I stand by my affect wording.

af·fect1
/əˈfekt/Submit
verb
have an effect on; make a difference to.
Jan 03, 2019, 03:31 PM
Fly safe, fly often!

Wow . . . this is the PERFECT movie for anyone who:
  • is incredibly challenged with that thing they call reality
  • has not discovered that thing called "a life"
  • both of the above
Jan 03, 2019, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
LOL. I stand by my affect wording.

af·fect1
/əˈfekt/Submit
verb
have an effect on; make a difference to.
Exactly. "Affect" or "to affect" is a verb. You can't say "it will have an affect" because the word that follows "an" must be a noun.
Look up "effect"; you'll see that it's a noun. Cheers.
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/affect-vs-effect/
Jan 03, 2019, 05:59 PM
RCG Admin
Not important, but thanks. Let's keep it on topic.
Jan 03, 2019, 06:19 PM
What happened to that fake drone movie trailer that was done by the same people? That was up on youtube for quite a while and was damn funny. I guess it generated enough interest for the people involved to actually make a full length feature film out of it (I notice some of the same shots in both trailers.) I did a search on youtube and the fake trailer cannot be found anymore.
Jan 03, 2019, 06:40 PM
yank and bank!!
This will help MOST people realize how overblown the "drone scourge" is....

(we now return you to your regularly scheduled THE SKY IS FREAKING FALLING!!!! posts....)
Jan 04, 2019, 08:53 AM
“FLY THE PLANE”
Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Anything that shows drones in a negative or bad light is bad press.
The thriving drive-by media is a perfect example of this.
Of course nobody will take it seriously. But…
Nobody actually thinks anything through anymore. They just remember in the back of their mind that they saw something bad about drones and drones are bad.

In these days (no press is good press)

Quick Reply