Jan 03, 2019, 05:47 AM
Thread OP
Video

Gliding video in Australia

Folks,
I have a link to some flying at one of the best slope and thermal sites in south eastern Australia. Lake George is near Canberra and is a popular location for photography and gliding for RC, Paragliders and Hang Gliders. Happy for feedback and there is more where this came from.
GlidingLakeGeorgeNSW (3 min 5 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2019, 06:39 AM
Hi BywongFlier,
I am new to Canberra & new to RC.. I took my son to Lake George about 3 weeks ago with a Gentle Lady and had some fun there. But it was just the 2 of us. Is there a Lake George Group we can join, or is there any way of knowing when people will be there.. Thanks Rob..
Jan 08, 2019, 05:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1960
Hi BywongFlier,
I am new to Canberra & new to RC.. I took my son to Lake George about 3 weeks ago with a Gentle Lady and had some fun there. But it was just the 2 of us. Is there a Lake George Group we can join, or is there any way of knowing when people will be there.. Thanks Rob..
Hi there Rob,
I live just up the road from the rest area where we fly. The Lake George Soaring Association is the group I have just joined and the main emphasis is on gliding. I do occasionally fly my quad and other electric power there but always give way to gliders. If this is your deal then let me know and I can arrange for you to meet up with us on the usual Sunday morning 0800 start. If you are more interested in sports flying then there is CMAC and BMAC clubs in Canberra that I know little about.
BTW. Go check out my new You Tube channel "GreyPV AUS" and you will see a few vids I posted with action on the lake.
Roger
Jan 10, 2019, 04:38 AM
Hi Roger,
Thanks.. sorry for the late replay, but I'm not getting notifications.. Might need to improve my IT skills.

Yes I am very interested in the LGSA.. Will you be there this Sunday 13/01/2019 @ 08:00 ?
Jan 11, 2019, 07:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Roger,
Thanks.. sorry for the late replay, but I'm not getting notifications.. Might need to improve my IT skills.

Yes I am very interested in the LGSA.. Will you be there this Sunday 13/01/2019 @ 08:00 ?
Rob,
I suffer the same and need to check my settings. Yes, it seems the stars are lining up and I will be on the lake Sunday morning along with a few others. Just park at the lower rest area and walk out (walk access via southern end of carpark over fence). I just received a Horizon Apprentice 1.5m to test for my brother in law so that should be interesting along with some fun flying the yellow Albatross 2M as seen in one of my vids. See you there.
Jan 11, 2019, 06:23 PM
Roger,
I'll be there.. I have just cobbled together a Hi-Launch kit that I will probably need some help with.. Still 8:00Am ? If so yes see you there..
Jan 12, 2019, 05:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Roger,
I'll be there.. I have just cobbled together a Hi-Launch kit that I will probably need some help with.. Still 8:00Am ? If so yes see you there..
Rob,
Yep. I saw a few posts on WhatsApp and a few will be there and 0800 is the usual kick off. I have see a few bungees out there as not all are electric gliders. I just pre flighted the Apprentice and am looking forward to giving that a few laps when gliders are clear. Should be a sunny morning so I also want to get some close ridge flying for another vid. Will be busy but fun.
Roger

Quick Reply