Jan 02, 2019, 08:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

E-flite Viper Jet vs. E-flite F-16

For those who own or have flown both... how do they compare?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2019, 08:44 PM
Havent flown both.. Yet lol.. Just got my F-16 today, putting it together and will maiden this weekend.
But, for the Viper, it is an incredibly stable jet, very mellow, but can maneuver very well. It has a great glide to it, and with flaps down slows very nicely. Its fast, but not spooky fast. The factory control horn placement is defiantley aimed at a true beginner. Roll and loop rates are very slow, almost anemic. However, move the throws around and wala, instant nice sport jet.
Jan 03, 2019, 12:36 PM
Thread OP
Thanks put put ....... let me know how the F-16 compares after you’ve broken it in.
Jan 03, 2019, 01:05 PM
Suspended Account
Ivd had both,sold the viper to get the 16.I only want one 70mm as they aint as good as 80s and 90s to me.anyway both of these 70s are the two current all around best 70mm flyers. The viper is super super looked in and on rails, great performance and efficient. This is the perfect jet for beginner/intermediate pilot.

The f16 is more an intermediate/advanced jet. Its got the scale looks and its always fun to land with a jet that harriers in. Both have a good presence for their size. I thibk the 16 will keep you interested longer. The viper is almost too on rails after awile lol
Jan 05, 2019, 05:27 PM
So-- Verdict!
F-16 is an absolute winner. Flying it at high alpha makes a grown man want to tinkle from giggling so darn much. And when you let her rip, well she gets awfully small awfully quick! Great plane, but not as locked in as the Viper.
Viper-- flys like it is on RAILS. Incredibly agile, SUPER smooth. IMHO best 1st jet but... Be very wary when you are in SAFE mode, the bank angle limits are too much making it a football field to turn around....
Feb 20, 2019, 11:41 AM
electric fly
The F-16 looks great but my Funjet just blows by all of these EDF’s for half the cost.
Had many small EDF’s and all of them just put me a sleep, no performance compared to the Funjet on 5s.
Feb 23, 2019, 11:07 PM
half-ass Astronaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerstick
The F-16 looks great but my Funjet just blows by all of these EDF’s for half the cost.
Had many small EDF’s and all of them just put me a sleep, no performance compared to the Funjet on 5s.
i completely agree as i had a funjet on 4s.... off topic though
Mar 06, 2019, 11:07 AM
I haven't flown the F-16 yet as I have the Viper and I LOVE IT!!! my first EDF Jet and never flown on safe because I feel confident on my level and ability of flying I really would like to try the F16 but man oh man have yall seen the new F-4 Phantom II 80mm HH just came out with omggggg that thing is sexy and I want it
Nov 18, 2020, 03:49 AM
I own both actually and I'm more of a scale lover both are scale jets f16 moves much better agile faster in turns locked in and fast and is the best edf to fly the viper is a super locked in better for beginners has a great stable airframe and easy to land and fly fast too I own eflite viper fms 7pmm and freewing artic 70mm high performance
Jun 02, 2021, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjos68
I own both actually and I'm more of a scale lover both are scale jets f16 moves much better agile faster in turns locked in and fast and is the best edf to fly the viper is a super locked in better for beginners has a great stable airframe and easy to land and fly fast too I own eflite viper fms 7pmm and freewing artic 70mm high performance
YOUR the guy I need to talk to! I have the E-Flite Viper. This is my First EDF. Had it about 6-7 months now. (loved it/ crashed it/ replaced wing, then fuselage, love it again/some more). I'm approaching +50 flights on her, she's really locked in and I've been experimenting with moving the control horns and reducing expo to get a faster roll rate. Now I have the FW F-16 artic camo and quite frankly, pretty scared to put it in the air (plus the weather hasn't allowed lately with +10 mph winds and the rains are coming)! Don't want to crash it! any advice? on the flight comparison. What rates are you using on both?
Last edited by Rich2581; Jun 02, 2021 at 10:05 AM.

Quick Reply