May 19, 2019, 10:14 AM
plays with toy planes
Great shots, Steve! And what a good group pic too.

Another vote for the All Day All Up here - as well as for playing with formats a couple of times a season. I hadn't thought of it, but it was nice to have the finding of being of timers almost not be a thing at all.

Such a spectacular day, and with such good company. Rick and Burton and Dan -- thank you so much for putting together another killer event for us.

Sure is fun to watch you fly, Roy. And Michael, charging downwind like he's running down a criminal? That's good stuff.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 10:22 AM
You guys are having too much fun!
May 19, 2019, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCube
You guys are having too much fun!
Indeed! Thanks to Burton, Rick and Dan for all their work and to everyone for coming out to play! Makes the 04:30 departure and strip searches at the border totally worth it
May 19, 2019, 12:28 PM
Thanks Rick and Burton for hosting the Bucks for Da Boys and AULD challenge/marathon. Glad we could contribute the to the team. Good job on the lunch, Dan. You have a new job! Enjoyed the challenging air. What a perfect day for flying. I loved our barrage on the Red Tail.
Looking forward to Kanuckistan in June.
May 19, 2019, 12:29 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
That was an awesome event. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Auld in this format forces a pilot to make their own plan a and b and then use all your skills to use the other pilots as markers. To those of you that made some contest firsts...Trever Stubs , first 1000 point round, congrats !!! Auld gives you an opportunity to prove to your self that your reads are worthy (or not) and to tweak your game. I think it's a great training tool.
May 19, 2019, 05:41 PM
just one more launch...
Another vote for All-day AULD - great format for flying and spectating. The fluff storms and spider silk were a nice bonus! So many things in the air yesterday, including rockets and paragliders.

Really enjoyed some of the epic flying - low level saves from Lawrence and DW, and Burton just making it back across the field boundary from a down-wind run were a treat to watch.

Thanks to all for making this happen. Can't think of a better group to spend a Saturday with.
May 19, 2019, 07:41 PM
Events like this are why the dlg group is growing consistently. You guys are always I ejecting fun into the weekend...

I just got the MAAC regulations regarding transport Canadas position on flying...we are now exempt as long as we are on a sanctioned field and our field can now be Sanctioned. This is great news, we will progress toward sanctioned status on both fields...
May 19, 2019, 11:32 PM
plays with toy planes
Just to put it out there...there’s a big Taranis contingent among the usual PNW DLG posse, and being the adventurous sort as we are, perhaps we could try an altimeter-enabled DLG game day. You know...for research.
Last edited by barry d; May 19, 2019 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Spellink
May 19, 2019, 11:38 PM
Will fly for food
I like this idea. Vario's on and lets see how the game shakes up. For research ya. I can see an advantage to having ear buds so other will not hear the tone from your radio.
May 19, 2019, 11:53 PM
plays with toy planes
I meant more altitude-limited/marked games, like highmarking, fastest rate of climb, time aloft under launch height and other, cooler ideas than I'm remembering right now, rather than just flying with varios on, but I’m game for anything. Also, nice fish David!
Last edited by barry d; May 20, 2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: examples
May 20, 2019, 11:30 AM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP

BUCKS FOR DA BOYZ Results

Guys,

Here's the scores, sorry it's taken a couple days to get these posted. I wanted to give some time/thought to how to best show the scores with our "unique" format from last Saturday. Anyway, this is the best I can come up with.

The files with "End" in the name are the merged with everyone together, the Zip file is the F3K Score file f you want to see all the gory details.

The "A Group and B Group" files are how the two groups finished after our pseudo flyoff. There wasn't a lot of movement but a couple positions did change.

Rj
May 20, 2019, 05:28 PM
That was a fun contest (or as Barry called it a 'funtest')! I was worried that I was going to get bored with only doing AULD the entire day but that was a blast. We didn't have any air-callers but we sure did have cotton wood fluffs and spider silk to help us. Gratz Banks on the win. Thank you Rick and Burton for running a smooth contest. And thanks Dan for cooking for us, that carnitas was so good.
May 20, 2019, 06:24 PM
We also need to thank the people that mowed the field. It looked great.
May 20, 2019, 06:55 PM
I really like that format for building skills - specifically, what a bunch of AULD rounds do is teach you that you can make an accurate air call and even when that call is wrong - you have time to find plan b which is spot the models that got into lift before you did. You have the time to do this all by yourself without an air caller...

It really forces you to make very quick decisions and at times you tend to learn something about your competition too. Trevor's comment about the cotton seed is bang on - that really made reading air fun...we should be in full swing on this side of the border by the weekend so if anyone wants to come up for F3K or F5J we can host.
May 21, 2019, 04:33 PM
Super bummed to have missed it... family obligations.
Well done SASS crew for raising so much $$$ for the US team!!
Looks like a very fun format to fly, AULD is a real challenge and tough to do well in consistently. Echoing what others have said... it's a great training tool for air reading, commitment, and fast decision making. Looking forward to getting out and flying with you all again soon

Quick Reply