Apr 20, 2019, 09:34 PM

Awesome

Thanks Burton, JR and all for another great day of F3k in the PNW. Fluffy, boomers and ,,,,,,!Sinkers, I found to many of those.
A special thank you to Thomas for his hard work and generosity to all of us in the PNW soaring community. And Nick,,,you are welcome back anytime.
Best Wishes to all.
Cary
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2019, 09:34 PM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP
OH YEA!

Big congratulations to my Padawan Paul Reese for his fist SASS contest win! Way to go, awesome flying all day. Hard earned win in tough, technical conditions.

Congratulations also to the the rest of the podium, Dave Banks in 2nd and Thomas Lee (hurts me to type this) in 3rd. That is a BAMF sweep of the podium folks!

Thanks to all who came out to play (all 29 of you!) And to Bret for the Sloppy Joes at lunch, yummmmm!

Big thanks to CD Burton for all the hard work prepping and keeping it moving, we just need to get you a louder voice so the guys will listen to you!

Now off to Poway for a bunch of us this next week!

Rj
Apr 20, 2019, 09:38 PM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadFlopper
And Nick,,,you are welcome back anytime.
Cary
Cary, please let the CD's make this call!

JK Nick!

Rj
Apr 20, 2019, 10:23 PM
Congrats to Paul. First win. You worked hard and it paid off. Good flying from Dave and Thomas. Thanks to Burton and Rick for taming the horde. And thanks for the great sloppy Joes, Brett.
Apr 20, 2019, 10:31 PM
Will fly for Bourbon
Wow! Just plain very technical air..... yes you had to fly it perfect to make your times, Paul got me on a QT, I made 6 he made 5 and then told me I needed to practice my QT's. Really 6 was my personal best...….dam kid ha, ha , ha. Congrats Paul what a great win! He is really staring to hit the peak going into the worlds, man so much fun!!! PNW the best DLG contests ever.
Apr 20, 2019, 11:55 PM
Paul!!! Way to go!!
Apr 20, 2019, 11:59 PM

SASS April 20th final results

Great contest every one! The weather was not as warm as I had hoped and it made for some challenging conditions.

Congrats to the top three!
1) Paul (great job!)
2) DaveB
3) Thomas

Bret, thanks for the great Sloppy Joes! And thanks to everyone that made it out. 29 pilots is really great! Nick thanks for making it all the way out to the Pacific North West - it was great to meet you in person after watching your crazy live streams over the last couple of year. Seth, glad you could join us as well - now we'll expect you to have a DLG in hand on Wednesdays out at 60A.

Attached is a zip of the F3KScore file (you will need to download F3KScore to open it) and a PDF of the total scores. There were some corrections that moved the middle of the pack around.

Thanks,

Burton
Apr 21, 2019, 10:12 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
what an awesome early season showing 29 pilots ! nice -

It was great to fly with everyone and especially great to see the Juniors taking the lead You all should be proud parents and coaches !!
Apr 21, 2019, 10:24 AM
Thanks for such a wonderful event! Weather wasn't as warm or sunny but the air was sure fun! Soft light lift and punishing sink at times... woohooo!!!!!

Well done Paul and the whole support crew, you are getting really well trained and prepped for the Worlds!

Contest was well run as usual and food was very good, thank you all!!

See (some of) y'all in a few days in SUNNY Socal!!
Apr 21, 2019, 12:05 PM
Thanks Burton and Rick for a smoothly ran contest. I have been to many large sailing regattas that aren't run as well as your contests. You guys rock!

Nice job Paul on 1st place! You deserve it after all the hard work you and your coaches have been putting in.

I can't wait for the next contest.

And to all of you who are going to Poway "Good Luck".
Apr 21, 2019, 12:58 PM
My first DLG contest this season and I hope I can make some more. But Wow!! Congrats, to Paul and his coaches. I have great expectations of a great showing at the Worlds and representing us here in the PNW very well.
I think Thomas Lee has to be pleased with a Bamf sweep-- a nice welcoming gift to his visit and participation. (Although, he did complete the Bamf podium himself.)
Thanks, to Burton and Rick for all their hard work as CD's. I have only ever been to their contests, so I guess I am royally spoiled by them.
Thnaks, Brett. Yeoman's work and great dedication to making lunch so good.
What great fun!!
-- Jim
Apr 22, 2019, 12:28 AM
iVoid Warranties
Ok, still a little shocked at winning. Nice job to everyone, in particular: Banks, for the well fought second place, Nick, for getting a 0 in round 3 and still getting 4th, Owen for good flying all day, Trevor for a spectacular performance with a new plane, and Rick for getting 9th after loosing his tail in round 4.

Conrad, please try not to take my head off next time

Hedge
Apr 23, 2019, 10:12 AM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP

Bucks for da boyz

May 18 SASS Contest Details.

Our next contest is going to be just a bit different. The primary goal of this contest is to raise money to support the US F3K team's trip to Hungary in July. The team this year includes Toby Herrera, Reto Fiolka, Nathan Bartley and Juniors Noah Myers, Owen Haugh and Paul Reese. All money raised goes directly to the team, no middle man or commissions. And this is a really cool part, SASS is graciously allowing us to run this contest as a 100% fund raiser, no money will go to the club.

Contest

• Pilots meeting at our usual 9:00 AM. This is going to be an "All Up" kinda day!
• From 9:00-10:00 (ish) will be sign in, with an opportunity to lighten you wallets (see raffle details below).
• During sign in have “round group” discussion. Topics completely open (except politics ), air reading, plane set up, launch tips, task strategy, build questions, repair help, etc. Basically anything you've always wanted to ask someone, this will be your chance. Demos are OK too.
• Around 10:00 start flying AULD, flight groups up to 20 pilots on the field. Timers on the sidelines.
• Noon lunch break
• 12:30 continue AULD
• Last round starts no later than 3:00
• Tally round scores and read off results

So here's how we're going to raise those bucks:

• It will cost you a $25 “donation” to fly and receive 1 raffle ticket.
• Additional raffle tickets $25 each, 5 for $100.
• Raffle of 1 meter Armsoar “Deviant” DLG, complete, RTF (Thank you Thomas/Armsoar/Paul!). We've also got a combat wing kit that Burton donated and anything else we can scrounge up.
• And this is really cool, SASS has offered to match the donations we receive up to $500!

No need to start a pilots list yet, I just wanted to get this out there so everyone can be saving their lunch money for the next few weeks to help out the team.

Thanks in advance for all your support! I'm looking forward to doing our part to help the team represent the USA at the F3K World Championships this July!

Rj
Apr 23, 2019, 01:53 PM
Matt Haugh
This should be a really fun format, and the $$$ is going to a great cause!

Quick Reply