Mar 06, 2019, 06:10 PM
Hey SASS, I'm thinking of getting back into sailplanes/dlg this season.

I have a sidewinder ii that I got used back in 2011(?).

Thinking I may want to upgrade to something a little more modern.

Not too picky. I'm an intermediate pilot. Want to use my FrSky Taranis X7 which I've never actually used for sailplanes.

Any recommendations in the sub $500 range? Anyone local selling anything?

As to not hijack this thread feel free to PM me if you have something available for sale.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2019, 08:10 PM
iVoid Warranties
PM me.
Mar 11, 2019, 09:14 AM
I think I'm about as ready as I'm going to be for the contest in two weeks short of getting a day or two practice flying. I know the zoom setting needs a bit of tweaking so the plane doesn't roll to the left as it goes up.
Mar 14, 2019, 03:29 PM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP
Well guys, the 2019 season is rapidly approaching, our first contest in only 9 days away!

We're going to start off with a bang this year, Rollo is making the “short” trip from Germany to join in the fun and US F3K team member Toby (aka "Flying Gorilla") will also be flying with us.

• Place is the same as always, the SASS club field in Carnation, WA - https://www.google.com/maps/place/28....9530982?hl=en
• Pilots meeting at 9:00, we’ll start right after that.
• Our target as always is to fly 7 rounds.
• Cost is a whopping $10 for your day of flying.
• Lunch by our world renowned Chef Bret will cost another fiver.
• Gate code is the same as last year. If you don’t have it PM me or Burton.
• And of course you must be an AMA member to fly.

Our contests are low key with the focus on having fun. If you’ve been thinking about contest flying come on out. You can fly or just watch a bit and get a feel for what’s going on. I know it can seem overwhelming at first but our group will give all the help/guidance needed to get you going.

So to all, dust off your planes, charge your batteries and come on out!

Rj
Mar 14, 2019, 03:31 PM
Blind Hawk
Thread OP
Pilots List:

Rick J
Burton A
Dave B
Chris B
Paul R
Rollo S
Toby H
Tom P
David W
Barry D
Cary T
Lawrence D
Thomas L
Michael K
Roy N
Jonathan B
Ray E
Chris S
Owen Haugh
Matt Haugh
Ken T
David J
Joseph C
Tim J
Matt H
Owen H
Last edited by rdjay; Mar 20, 2019 at 09:10 AM.
Mar 14, 2019, 05:08 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
+ me

Also - I am bringing one box of goodies and one bag of shame....

The box of goodies is functional gear I no longer use but someone might want to make an offer on - no reasonable offer will be refused - and some unreasonable offers might even be considered...

The bag of shame is a collection of all the things I have stolen from the people i love ...so tool, and charging cables mostly If anything in that bag looks like it belongs to you , then take it
Mar 14, 2019, 05:09 PM
Well,

I have been enjoying my brand new CX-5 this last week (thanks, Rollo), but alas, I'm leaving for Africa tomorrow for my 20 day "tour of duty". So I'll be missing the season opener... wish I could meet our famous out-of-towners. Oh, well......hope to make a couple of contests this season. Have fun.
Mar 14, 2019, 07:09 PM
plays with toy planes
I’m in!
Mar 14, 2019, 08:08 PM
iVoid Warranties
Thomas, if you don't sign up, "I beat Thomas" will be an ongoing thing this year..
Mar 14, 2019, 08:14 PM
I am sad that I will miss this contest. Hope you all have a great time.

Ben
Mar 14, 2019, 08:51 PM

I'm in

Cary T
Mar 14, 2019, 09:27 PM
plays with toy planes
There's already a whole lot of hurt in that lineup. Can't wait!
Mar 14, 2019, 10:34 PM
I'm in
Mar 15, 2019, 01:04 AM
Been feverish and out of commission the past few days but hopefully I'll be all good by early next week... count me in!
Mar 15, 2019, 05:11 AM

In again

Hi everybody!

I'll be there. Finally, after years of absence, I'm very happy to be able to meet you guys again! Rollo and I will fly into SEATAC on friday.

See you soon!
Michael

Quick Reply