This thread is privately moderated by Panhead5496, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 05, 2019, 12:02 AM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Do you care about hard packs vs soft packs for your boats?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2019, 01:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanka472
HA! I already feel like an old man. Now that I don't have to worry about planning a wedding (actually 2 for us, since I'm from out of the states and we traveled for a second wedding for the family that couldn't come) it is so nice to spend time daydreaming/window shopping for RC's. The ADDICTION IS REAL.

I'll look into Floureons! Let's see how the price compares.

Ha, tell me about it! I hate the cold as well, I am a warm-blooded person through and through, but this is my life now. lol pretty excited for spring none the less. and yes to getting out on the water for some skiing!

I watched 1! Will watch the rest. Pretty fun to run it behind the real boat and ride the wake!
That was a nice gesture for 2 weddings man...kudos for that.

Same here...I started learning to wakeboard last summer (go to my channel and I have a few videos), and about when I was getting the hang of it summer was over lol. Can't wait to get back out.

Quote:
Do you care about hard packs vs soft packs for your boats?
I (and many other boaters) prefer soft packs. Hard packs won't stay as cool, and if they get water splashed on them they can collect it and stay wet.
Mar 05, 2019, 01:13 AM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Thanks!

I tried wakeboarding and I get wrecked every time, but I hope to get out more this summer and try more, it is just way to much fun.

We should find an RC boat that can pull a wake surfer which also has a servo for doing tricks. It's 2019 I think RC needs to push the limits. lol

Good to know about soft/hard packs. I am partial to hard packs for the trucks that I run because of bashing. Now to look at soft packs for boats. This hobby is going to get me damn bankrupt before I know it!
Mar 06, 2019, 12:34 AM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Hey Pan in your photo, you have a trailer for your Blackjack it looks like. Did you buy or DIY? I really have wanted one for a while and not having the Genny, I think I need one!
Mar 12, 2019, 06:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hey Pan in your photo, you have a trailer for your Blackjack it looks like. Did you buy or DIY? I really have wanted one for a while and not having the Genny, I think I need one!
Sorry I must have missed this!

But yeah, it was a DIY project one rainy summer day. I used wood and some wheels I had laying around off a chair LOL! It was just for looks...I wouldn't trust it pulling anything.

If you check eBay there are some custom trailers on there for boats, but none specifically for the Genesis. And they are very pricey!
Mar 12, 2019, 08:17 PM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Sorry I must have missed this!

But yeah, it was a DIY project one rainy summer day. I used wood and some wheels I had laying around off a chair LOL! It was just for looks...I wouldn't trust it pulling anything.

If you check eBay there are some custom trailers on there for boats, but none specifically for the Genesis. And they are very pricey!
I've seen some on eBay and have found the same thing. EXPENSIVE.

Do you have any more photos of your trailer? I want to do one with metal to reflect a real trailer. Mostly because I love starting projects. LMAO...

I have plenty to finish with what I already have, but hey why not. I destroyed my Rock Rey couple days ago, so now I'm onto fixing that up. haha
Mar 14, 2019, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
I'll try and find some pics, or take some.

Gotta warn you, it isn't pretty. Lots of staples and poor angles I just threw it together for display and it looks kind of (read: really!) ugly LOL
Mar 14, 2019, 11:35 PM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Quote:
I'll try and find some pics, or take some.

Gotta warn you, it isn't pretty. Lots of staples and poor angles I just threw it together for display and it looks kind of (read: really!) ugly LOL
Haha, that's okay I'm sure mine will be as well. But I agree. I think it would look sweet for scale, especially with an SC10 or something pulling it...

Though with the size of that boat, probably something 5th scale to make it look halfway scale. LOL
Mar 14, 2019, 11:48 PM
Thread OP
LOL that's a good point. But if you look up pics of the like 1:1 Miss Geico catamaran, it's pulled with an 18 wheeler and makes the truck look small. Maybe a Tamiya 18 wheeler for the pulling truck? But that's some serious money in those rigs lol! They are crazy expensive.
Mar 17, 2019, 12:17 AM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Quote:
LOL that's a good point. But if you look up pics of the like 1:1 Miss Geico catamaran, it's pulled with an 18 wheeler and makes the truck look small. Maybe a Tamiya 18 wheeler for the pulling truck? But that's some serious money in those rigs lol! They are crazy expensive.
Dude tell me about it. Big money on those big rigs. lololololol

I'm not killing for scale, I think it would be fun just to get it up and visual. Especially in the office with all the rest of my toys...

On another note, I'm itching to get out. We are supposed to get 60 degrees next weekend and my prayers are that it will be warm enough to thaw out a small pond so I can at least get the boat wet...
Mar 17, 2019, 12:35 AM
Thread OP
Oh yeah, and scale crawlers are just as bad! They do look cool though on display...you could make a mock up for the shelf and not have it functional maybe??

Good luck with the weather...keep us posted!
Mar 17, 2019, 01:07 AM
RC Rhymes With Beer
The crawler life is super cool, I still think I would get bored, but I have not gotten my hands on one yet. But a shell of one for looks could be really cool...things to think about.

Yes, will do! Just picked up an S10+ today so maybe so good video too!
Mar 18, 2019, 01:15 PM
RC Rhymes With Beer
What size batteries are you running in your SR-48?
Mar 18, 2019, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
I’m running turnigy 3s 1000mah 30-40c.

You can find them cheap on HK but here’s an eBay listing. https://www.ebay.com/i/253615759307?...15c28cffcac190

They are pretty peppy over the stock Lipo I’ve found!

Do you know how to solder?
Mar 18, 2019, 08:16 PM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Quote:
Iím running turnigy 3s 1000mah 30-40c.

You can find them cheap on HK but hereís an eBay listing. https://www.ebay.com/i/253615759307?...15c28cffcac190

They are pretty peppy over the stock Lipo Iíve found!

Do you know how to solder?
Awesome! I am actually looking at these ones for another boat of mine. The HK Swamp Dog, it's finally coming together!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-co...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Good to know they will cross over no problem!

Yes I do. I'm no pro, but I put myself in the situation to do it and have been, but mostly dealing with anything in the RC hobby.

Quick Reply