Thread Tools
Dec 28, 2019, 02:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy1
The probe is of the my powerlog 6s junsi. The probe is DS18B20 (temperature digital sensor)

It always worked before the firmware update

We talked about it here
I updated the firmare 1.31V but the problem with premature charging termination still exists.
I cannot update it to 1.32V because it flashes with dots on the screen and it doesn't show anything else.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2019, 07:04 AM
Registered User
galaxy1's Avatar
The biggest problem is that they don't respond to emails and don't take into account everything we write here. They don't fix bugs. Too bad, it seemed like a good product, but without their support, it's all useless. This charger is in fact unreliable. I am really afraid to move away from it when it is running. I am also afraid that it will damage my batteries as it is inaccurate and it is not possible to calibrate it in any way. It has too many flaws that never resolve, while sending many emails directly to them.
Jan 02, 2020, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Mine finally let the smoke out . The last few charges were horrendous. It would over charge a cell to the point where I would stop the charge . And I was noticing if I didnt have a battery plugged it cell 2 would read 5v , and when I plugged a battery in it would show normal voltage(just not accurate). The last time I tried it a diode blew as soon as I plugged in the xt60 to the charger.
Jan 22, 2020, 09:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronB
Mine finally let the smoke out . The last few charges were horrendous. It would over charge a cell to the point where I would stop the charge . And I was noticing if I didnt have a battery plugged it cell 2 would read 5v , and when I plugged a battery in it would show normal voltage(just not accurate). The last time I tried it a diode blew as soon as I plugged in the xt60 to the charger.
Are you sure it's not the fuse that blew as mentioned earlier in the thread? Seems it can be bridged with wire temporarily or replaced with car fuse, but ideally with equivalent part number.

Also, for those that have continued to have issues with this model despite calibration, what other charger have you turned to with similar features and price point? I've considered returning the device but looking in different threads with ISDT/hobbymate/Icharger, they all have issues if not calibrated with values post bulk charge stage. I guess Q8 would be closest but capacitive touch buttons make for terrible UI.

Seems most would be best served by lowering temps, has anyone here tested replacing/adjusting heat sink like this video to counter the effects of temp drift?
Last edited by Schmixby; Jan 22, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
Jan 22, 2020, 05:18 PM
Registered User
Double post, deleted.
Last edited by Schmixby; Jan 22, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
Jan 23, 2020, 03:22 AM
Registered User
john4565's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmixby
... for those that have continued to have issues with this model despite calibration, what other charger have you turned to with similar features and price point? I've considered returning the device but looking in different threads with ISDT/hobbymate/Icharger, they all have issues if not calibrated with values post bulk charge stage. I guess Q8 would be closest but capacitive touch buttons make for terrible UI...
I've had an M8 for some time and, like others, have the issue of the charge finishing with unbalanced cells; despite calibration with a 4S precision voltage source.

However, being a glutton for punishment, I chose to try the ToolkitRC M8S and I have to say it has been brilliant. The M8S has all the features of the M8, plus it is now a 400W charger and has a nice colour LCD panel. Cell balance at charge end is perfect. I only have the one M8S unit so I can't be sure if I just got lucky, or they have fixed the problem with some hardware upgrade.
Jan 23, 2020, 11:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmixby
Are you sure it's not the fuse that blew as mentioned earlier in the thread? Seems it can be bridged with wire temporarily or replaced with car fuse, but ideally with equivalent part number.

Also, for those that have continued to have issues with this model despite calibration, what other charger have you turned to with similar features and price point? I've considered returning the device but looking in different threads with ISDT/hobbymate/Icharger, they all have issues if not calibrated with values post bulk charge stage. I guess Q8 would be closest but capacitive touch buttons make for terrible UI.

Seems most would be best served by lowering temps, has anyone here tested replacing/adjusting heat sink like this video to counter the effects of temp drift?
Yeah, try to calibrate this: https://streamable.com/l557l
I am afraid many of the faults are not even temperature related. It might be some kind of bad batch, problem with components quality or the production itself.
Maybe bad design?
This also the case for other cells in series (not all). If your unit cannot hold the calibration settings or drifts from the very get-go then probably it is useless as far as charging goes.
Jan 23, 2020, 11:13 AM
Registered User
Bought the m8 charger about 2 month ago as a field charger only.
Used it not more than 10 times .

Did the upgrade about 2 weeks ago and only did the calibration.

today 30 seconds ofter plugging in power smoke came out by the left fan, has this happened to any one else, not to happy with this as it shows 30 v input and there was only 22v input as I wanted to charge my 1300mah 3 cell lipo from my 6 cell lipo .
It's still working and charges but can't trust it any more as is smoked and not willing to burn a lipo because of a bad charger .
Last edited by Garymac 125; Jan 23, 2020 at 11:26 AM.
Jan 31, 2020, 05:00 AM
Registered User
Damn why didnt i read this topic before buying... i will never trust youtube reviews anymore.. watched like 5 reviews and every one says that its awesome charger..
Just received new m8s charger, pluged it to big 4s battery with 15.5v as input. Then tried to charge 3 different small batteries, 4s and one 5s. On every battery after 5 sec - battery error appears.. tried to balance them, delta is about 10mv. Tried to update to last fw. Still same problem..
Sent an email to toolkitrc but from posts here looks like no 1 will answer. I will contact banggood tomorrow.
50$ waste?
I will continue use my old good imax b6
Feb 03, 2020, 06:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoryu
Damn why didnt i read this topic before buying... i will never trust youtube reviews anymore.. watched like 5 reviews and every one says that its awesome charger..
Just received new m8s charger, pluged it to big 4s battery with 15.5v as input. Then tried to charge 3 different small batteries, 4s and one 5s. On every battery after 5 sec - battery error appears.. tried to balance them, delta is about 10mv. Tried to update to last fw. Still same problem..
Sent an email to toolkitrc but from posts here looks like no 1 will answer. I will contact banggood tomorrow.
50$ waste?
I will continue use my old good imax b6
Are you sure you have configured what input it can expect from the power source in watts? I don't know about the S, but on the M8 I have seen that error when providing something else than configured, or when attempting to recycle into another battery when discharging.
Feb 03, 2020, 11:02 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Taylor
Are you sure you have configured what input it can expect from the power source in watts? I don't know about the S, but on the M8 I have seen that error when providing something else than configured, or when attempting to recycle into another battery when discharging.
I tried to calibrate the charger. The input voltage, output voltage, each cell voltage.
Still the same problem. It looks like on first seconds of charging the voltage of first cell always raises on about 0.05v and then this error appears. No matter what charge current i chose. Even on 0.1amp.
After pressing Ok on this error, the voltage drops to normal.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--d...w?usp=drivesdk
Feb 03, 2020, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoryu
Damn why didnt i read this topic before buying... i will never trust youtube reviews anymore..
Not wasted,
that bit of wisdom there is worth every penny, heed it well.

Sure there are idiots everywhere online, but at least in forums you build up a feel for who to listen to.

YT they're motivated more by actually making money much lower signal to noise ratio.

Sure not all YTers, but do **not** use it for primary info, just supplementary

and entertainment I guess, for some. . .

Doubly true for social media!
Feb 03, 2020, 12:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by John61CT
Not wasted,
that bit of wisdom there is worth every penny, heed it well.

Sure there are idiots everywhere online, but at least in forums you build up a feel for who to listen to.

YT they're motivated more by actually making money much lower signal to noise ratio.

Sure not all YTers, but do **not** use it for primary info, just supplementary

and entertainment I guess, for some. . .

Doubly true for social media!

Hi John61CT, indeed this charger does not seem to be what was expected of it.

Of course, the functions it has and its price are great, but they are somewhat far from working as it should.

In my case, after trying the new discharge function with external load. I stop working properly due to overheating.

Install a 1ohm 300W load, if you do not have the precaution of selecting the maximum (15Amp) in DISCHARGE.

I explain....

1ohm at 3S (12.6V) is equal to a 12.6A discharge. If you select for example a discharge value or below this value (5A for example), it is the charger that internally has to absorb the rest of the energy.

I've been looking at chargers that offer these features but none seem to work properly, the one I liked the most is an iCharger X6, but I also read quite a few problems about it.

Which charger would you currently recommend as a reliable purchase?
Feb 03, 2020, 01:32 PM
Registered User
Graupner of course

FMA CellPro for long term reliability, dunno about the touch versions but assume good.

iCharger for features and power, especially 4010-Duo but careful, needs clean stable inputs

ISDT at the low end

Hitec & Hyperion apparently good?
Feb 03, 2020, 01:53 PM
Registered User
Well, this one looks very similar and cheap ... do you think it's so good?

https://www.graupner.com/Ladegeraet-U150-Li-Pb-Ni/6472/


Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product HOBBYMATE pocket smart charger built in AC/DC HOBBYMATE Batteries and Chargers 104 Feb 05, 2020 02:09 PM
Mini-Review ISDT Q6 Series Pocket Smart DC Chargers czajunia Batteries and Chargers 12 Dec 09, 2018 03:18 PM
New Product Ultra Power UP610 200W 10A DC Pocket Smart Lipo Battery Balance Charger Discharger smg24 Batteries and Chargers 0 Dec 18, 2017 06:22 AM
Question Turnigy Reaktor 300W 20A AC/DC charger olefolks Batteries and Chargers 16 Dec 18, 2016 02:22 PM