Dec 30, 2018, 03:03 AM
KremerFPV
Thread OP
New Product

ToolkitRC M8 - Smart 300W Pocket DC Charger

► ToolkitRC M8 Charger: http://bit.ly/ToolkitRC-M8

ToolkitRC M8 - Smart 300W Pocket DC Charger (12 min 57 sec)

* User manual and firmware updates: https://www.toolkitrc.com/m8

Description:

ToolkitRC M8 DC 300W 15A Battery Balance Charger Discharger for 2-8S Lipo Battery

Feature:

1.Charge, discharge and balance management support Lipo 8S, LiHV 8s,LiFe 8S, NiMh 20s ,Pb 12S battery
2.Can measure PWM / PPM / SBUS / DBUS and other
signal values,
3. Can measure battery voltage, battery internal resistance, ESC watt meter;
4.Can output PWM / PPM / xBUS standard signal, constant current constant voltage source, and USB5.0V;
5.Charger current: MAX 15A @300W
6.Discharger current: reccycle mode [email protected] Nomal:[email protected]
7.Lixx Battery full voltage controllable (TVC function)
8.Multi-language optional
9.Udisk firmware upgrade(Slave device)

Specification:

Input Voltage: DC 10-30V
Output Voltage: 0-30V
Charge Current: 0.1-15A
Discharge Current: 0.1-15A(Recycling mode) 0.1-3A(Internal consumption mode)
Max Charge Capacity: 300W
Max Discharge Capacity: 20W
Supported Batt. Type:LiFe/Lilon/LiPo/LiHv (2-8S) NiMH/Cd(1-20S) Pb(1-10S)
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2019, 04:35 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
i have pre ordered one it seems like a steal for the features and power it has..

will let you know when i get it.
Jan 01, 2019, 06:59 AM
KremerFPV
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando
i have pre ordered one it seems like a steal for the features and power it has..

will let you know when i get it.
Yep, considering it's price this charger offers a great value for money.
Jan 02, 2019, 03:26 AM
Does this charger need an additional power supply? in one of the banggood pictures it implies that it has a power supply built in, but it says otherwise.
Jan 02, 2019, 04:11 AM
KremerFPV
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleRick
Does this charger need an additional power supply? in one of the banggood pictures it implies that it has a power supply built in, but it says otherwise.
No, it doesn't come with a power supply.
You can find a compatible one in the description of my video.
Old Jan 07, 2019, 03:08 PM
Cococola (Mikey68)
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).
Jan 14, 2019, 08:32 PM
Hey All,

300w for $40 bucks with extras, you can't go wrong, right? Well, I bought one and have only used this charger for the last 2+ weeks. I normally use iSDT Q6+ with a ParaBoard v3. Let me say you get what you pay for. The Extras are good but don't make up for what the M8 lacks in. For the first 10 jobs, the only thing I could complain about was the noisy fan. Around 48 Watts (4S @ 3amps) the fan will come on then off almost rapidly which makes the fan noise, annoying. But for $40 I can deal with a little noise.

Last Friday I was getting a bunch of packs ready for a day of flying. I started getting "Battery Error 5" on about 25% of my packs. I put those packs on the Q6 and the batteries would finish the charge with no issues. I mostly Charge @ 1C.

If the percentage increases I'm going to return. It's running version 1.15, I'm haven't looked to do a firmware update yet.

Nick
Last edited by RCMindBug; Jan 21, 2019 at 03:25 AM. Reason: fixed the version number
Jan 16, 2019, 11:05 AM
KremerFPV
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMindBug
Hey All,

300w for $40 bucks with extras, you can't go wrong, right? Well, I bought one and have only used this charger for the last 2+ weeks. I normally use iSDT Q6+ with a ParaBoard v3. Let me say you get what you pay for. The Extras are good but don't make up for what the M8 lacks in. For the first 10 jobs, the only thing I could complain about was the noisy fan. Around 48 Watts (4S @ 3amps) the fan will come on then off almost rapidly which makes the fan noise, annoying. But for $40 I can deal with a little noise.

Last Friday I was getting a bunch of packs ready for a day of flying. I started getting "Battery Error 5" on about 25% of my packs. I put those packs on the Q6 and the batteries would finish the charge with no issues. I mostly Charge @ 1C.

If the percentage increases I'm going to return. It's running version 1.5, I'm haven't looked to do a firmware update yet.

Nick
Updating the software is very easy. Please update to the latest version and keep us updated please.
Jan 17, 2019, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremerFPV
Updating the software is very easy. Please update to the latest version and keep us updated please.
The website is un-useable.

I got the same errors again trying to charge batteries.
Jan 18, 2019, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMindBug
The website is un-useable.

I got the same errors again trying to charge batteries.
I know how frustrating it can be when you buy something then the support site is really flakey.
Here is a direct link to the new firmware download -> https://www.toolkitrc.com/filedownload/62648

For your website issue maybe it's a browser or add-on causing it?

Firefox 64.0.2 works ok with it.
Jan 18, 2019, 12:18 PM
Donīt grow up, itīs a trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremerFPV
.............easy?
I would be very happy if it were.....
I got my charger today and the usb connection is broken. The charger screen lights up , flashes four or five times and stays blank ( backlight is on)
None of my PC recognizes the device, even my older Benchnotebook with XP resists.
I am running W7/32 Enterprise, W7/64 pro, GNU linux 3.14.55.
Now I am stuck with V1.15 while even V1.18 is out
Last edited by aMax; Jan 19, 2019 at 06:32 AM. Reason: typo
Jan 18, 2019, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyphred
For your website issue maybe it's a browser or add-on causing it?

Firefox 64.0.2 works ok with it.
ToolboxRC's website or content provider is blacklisted. My firewall is blocking your site. I did update the charger I will let you know if that changes my experience.
Last edited by RCMindBug; Jan 21, 2019 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Sorry heyphred, Not your site, i meant their site
Jan 19, 2019, 03:46 AM
After upgrading to 1.8 change the error message but same problem. Paralleling 2 x 2s 550mah packs failed to charge 100% (stopping at 80%). The error message now is "single cell error". I move the paraboard to a different charger, all is good I can get 300 mah into the packs (getting the packs to 4.2 per cell). It seems more often when I get this error and stoppage in the charging job the packs stop at ~ 4.00v unbalanced.
Jan 19, 2019, 07:44 AM
ancora imparo
Can anyone confirm that the PC USB connection is working as it is supposed to?

I have tried with WinXP, Win7, Win 10 on two different PCs and OS10.4.2 on an iMac and none of them correctly detect the charger as an external device and mount it. The Mac is normally pretty reliable with anything USB but not this thing. All the versions of Windows are showing errors in the Device Manager for the USB device and cannot find a working driver.

I will try a different USB cable just in case it is a faulty one supplied but I read here of others having the same issue. If anyone has had success I would appreciate their advice.

John
Jan 19, 2019, 11:00 AM
Donīt grow up, itīs a trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Can anyone confirm that the PC USB connection is working as it is supposed to?

I have tried with WinXP, Win7, Win 10 on two different PCs and OS10.4.2 on an iMac and none of them correctly detect the charger as an external device and mount it. The Mac is normally pretty reliable with anything USB but not this thing. All the versions of Windows are showing errors in the Device Manager for the USB device and cannot find a working driver.

I will try a different USB cable just in case it is a faulty one supplied but I read here of others having the same issue. If anyone has had success I would appreciate their advice.

John
Same here...UDisk does not work at all.
I am wondering if this is only a bad software implementation or a faulty batch of this device. It seem to need much current to boot on a USB port.
On my Notebook I only get a blank screen and attached to my big Tower, the screen is flashing at least and Windows starts reporting " Unknown device"

I am one of the early buyers just before christmas at Banggood. Two days later the origin page disappeared and popped up again with a different product ID on a PreSale...........
I mailed them about that but got no answer.
No chance to write a review!

Now I am struggling with BG Cservice . I was aware that this device is on an early state of development and accepted, but without a chance of firmwareupdate this is quite useless.

Edit: Checked the delivered USB cable and it has continuity. I my case it is not the cable.

Edit1: It is not the current. The device boots from my smartphone with OTG adapter but the phone does not recognize an external USB device.
Last edited by aMax; Jan 20, 2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Edit1

Quick Reply