Mar 10, 2019, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r39o
Facebook - bah!!!!

Cromudgen man catagorically does not play that game.
Yeah not for all but them some do not play here,
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2019, 10:52 PM
TAFTS
I am planning on donating some refurbished and modernized radios. I have a few Krafts and EK's that are nice.

If anyone wants to help, I need RF modules. I like Orange ones (Spektrum) or the FRSky ones but won't be choosey. They will be Arduino based encoders with 2.4 RF modules.

I plan on putting together some simple gliders to go with the radio so we can fly them before, and hopefully after, they get new owners. The airplanes will go with the radios. The winners should be able to pick it up, turn it on, and toss it off the cliff.

If you search on my attachments or check the Vintage Radio forum, you can see some of the radios I have done.

I had a blast last year and am really looking forward to it

Thanks Karlton for the motivation. Who else has some cool stuff to donate?

Scott
Last edited by Scott Todd; Mar 11, 2019 at 09:16 PM.
Mar 10, 2019, 10:55 PM
Very cool i am saving my Kraft till I can find a brick want to do hawk like yours brick on 2.4
Last edited by MrMPX; Mar 11, 2019 at 07:44 PM.
Mar 11, 2019, 05:53 PM
Life is better now
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMPX
BTW been thinking of something really cool to donate for the raffle.
Hummmmmmmmmm
Mar 11, 2019, 09:17 PM
TAFTS
Kraft bricks are hard to find but I think I have one on the way from a friend in Florida. If it shows up, its yours
Mar 11, 2019, 09:57 PM
Sweet. Thanks.. nice project 2.4. Conversion
Mar 13, 2019, 09:01 AM
Life is better now
Thread OP

Weaselfest, Dreamflight, Hobie Hawks and Fun

Last year I was concerned about safety at the Katie Tribute . Concerns that lead me to explore alternative locations and Elwood near Santa Barbara was one that was suggested. The good folks at the Torrey Pines Gulls worked hard to secure co-operation from the Gliderport and a plan that should make for a safer Katie Tribute this year.
Do to a lot of thing, I was unable to go to Elwood Bluff, only explored it via Google Earth. I have been fascinated with Dreamflight, their products. I have spoken to Michael and we have talked about getting together for a few years. He is an annual sponsor of the Katie Tribute Raffle and seems like a really nice guy. I have decided to mix business and pleasure by attending the Weaselfest in April and spending some time with Michael. Imagine that I am going to fly on a slope, other than the Katie Tribute, for the first time since Katie passed. I am very excited.
I look forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones too!
Bob
Mar 13, 2019, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob57hdt
Last year I was concerned about safety at the Katie Tribute . Concerns that lead me to explore alternative locations and Elwood near Santa Barbara was one that was suggested. The good folks at the Torrey Pines Gulls worked hard to secure co-operation from the Gliderport and a plan that should make for a safer Katie Tribute this year.
Do to a lot of thing, I was unable to go to Elwood Bluff, only explored it via Google Earth. I have been fascinated with Dreamflight, their products. I have spoken to Michael and we have talked about getting together for a few years. He is an annual sponsor of the Katie Tribute Raffle and seems like a really nice guy. I have decided to mix business and pleasure by attending the Weaselfest in April and spending some time with Michael. Imagine that I am going to fly on a slope, other than the Katie Tribute, for the first time since Katie passed. I am very excited.
I look forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones too!
Bob
Bob you need to get a Weasel, they are great fun and easy to put together.
Curt
Mar 14, 2019, 10:20 PM
Life is better now
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwhite
Bob you need to get a Weasel, they are great fun and easy to put together.
Curt
I have a Weasel, an Ahi and an Alula......I am set.
Mar 15, 2019, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob57hdt
I have a Weasel, an Ahi and an Alula......I am set.
You are set, have fun at weasel fest.

Curt
Mar 15, 2019, 05:12 PM
Glad to hear you will be joining us Bob. It's a gorgeous place to fly when the conditions are right. See you then,
Mar 24, 2019, 07:40 PM
Missileer Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Todd
I am planning on donating some refurbished and modernized radios. I have a few Krafts and EK's that are nice.

If anyone wants to help, I need RF modules. I like Orange ones (Spektrum) or the FRSky ones but won't be choosey. They will be Arduino based encoders with 2.4 RF modules.

I plan on putting together some simple gliders to go with the radio so we can fly them before, and hopefully after, they get new owners. The airplanes will go with the radios. The winners should be able to pick it up, turn it on, and toss it off the cliff.

If you search on my attachments or check the Vintage Radio forum, you can see some of the radios I have done.

I had a blast last year and am really looking forward to it

Thanks Karlton for the motivation. Who else has some cool stuff to donate?

Scott
Hi Scott,
Have a couple FrySky DIY modules you can have. Also an oddball Tower transmitter....
Later,
Mel D
Mar 24, 2019, 09:51 PM
TAFTS
Those are awesome! I'll take them

Thank you! You may need to come out for the event I'll have plenty of stuff for you to fly.

Scott
Mar 25, 2019, 10:23 AM
Life is better now
Thread OP

2019 katie martin tribute event shirt and more

Hello everyone,
I am excited to go to the Weaselfest next month, but I still have much to do for this years Katie Martin Tribute. The one thing that takes the most lead time is the design and printing of the annual commemorative event shirt. I need some ideas, verbal , drawings or concepts. I know a lot of you have great imaginations, so let us hear from you. If you are shy, you can PM me with your idea.

In this same line, Otto Dieffenbach asked about sweatshirts and jackets. Here is what he suggested:

Bob,

I look at a Jacket as a multi year item of use (or maybe decades). I would envision a high quality version (blue and white?) with the Katie logo embroidered on the back. Maybe in the $100 price range. This would not be keyed to any particular year/event.

Sweatshirts and T-Shirts tend to have much shorter life span and are much less expensive. Varieties and event tie ins make more sense.

My 2 cents for your consideration.

Let me have your thoughts on this as well....If enough of you want something like this, I will see what I can come up with.

OK guys and gals, put on your creative thinking cap and let me know.

Bob
Mar 25, 2019, 02:01 PM
It pretty much depends on what the mass majority is willing to pay.

T-shirts would be relatively cheap
sweat shirts or hoodies more expensive, and
jackets even more expensive

Obviously, you would have to charge at least enough to cover your cost.

It might help to look at how many attendees came to the last couple of years KMT event, and how many (shirts) were purchased, then get an estimate of the cost of that many shirts, hoodies, and jackets would be, then let everyone know what the purchase amount for each would be, to get a feeling of what would be most desired.

I think your avatar would be great for a logo.
Color photo though? IDK.

Quick Reply