Jun 26, 2019, 08:49 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Tx, tx and tx so much Bob for those words.. really glad and proud to join and celebrate this year the International Katie Martin Tribute..
All my best buddies.

Manolo.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2019, 09:01 AM
Pendiente - Madrid - España
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo
Tx, tx and tx so much Bob for those words.. really glad and proud to join and celebrate this year the International Katie Martin Tribute..
All my best buddies.

Manolo.

Thanks for your hard work Manolo.
Jun 27, 2019, 04:50 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Tx mate... but it wasn´t hard at all... actually one enjoyed with the process, despite the issues..
Un abrazo Juan..
Manolo.
Jul 04, 2019, 10:42 AM
Life is better now
Thread OP

Happy independence day

Just wanted to wish everyone in the USA a very happy and safe 4th of July. Enjoy your holiday and remember all of those that have fought for our independence. Celebrate that we live in a country united by our freedom and stay safe my friends. The best to all of you!
Bob Martin
Jul 04, 2019, 09:33 PM
Mongo like wind. Wind Good.
Thank you Bob.

Independence and freedom are all top priority. Worldwide, might I add...

Happy 4th of July everybody!

Aug 04, 2019, 05:32 PM
Life is better now
Thread OP

10th ANNIVERSARY OF THE KATIE TRIBUTE

HELLO EVERYONE,
It is deep into our summer here with daily heat around 110 degrees F. Not ideal for flying even if I had a slope. My mind drifts back to the wonderful lift and cool temperatures of Torrey Pines..... Speaking of Torrey Pines.....the next KATIE MARTIN TRIBUTE will be the 10th. I have been thinking about how can we make the 10th even more special in honoring Katie. While she was alive, her focus was helping people enjoy our wonderful sport. Occasionally she would have the pleasure of teaching a lady to fly....It really gave her a thrill to see another lady flying. I know there are ladies out there that can fly and I would love to see them attend Katie's 10th anniversary. Come on guys....you must know some and if not, get your wife or girlfriend flying and bring her to this years Katie.

What else do you think would enhance this years Katie? Throw out a few suggestions and let's all work hard to make this coming Katie one we all will remember for a long time.

Bob
Aug 04, 2019, 06:41 PM
bob talking to the wife now. She attends the event but does not fly. It wasn’t a hard NO. So we will see. Good idea. Stay cool
Aug 04, 2019, 07:45 PM
Old newb
Joe,

Think wireless buddy box.

Also, some one who shall rename nameless , has a female friend who I personally saw fly at Dave’s.
Aug 04, 2019, 09:15 PM
Bob;

#1 I have the RTF Hawk now you can start the raffle any time. Would hope you would draw the winner just before the event so they have a chance to fly it at the event.

#2 No matter if they fly or not people bring a lady or two to the event next year.
Latest blog entry: Twist Photos
Nov 04, 2019, 08:12 PM
Life is better now
Thread OP

10th ANNIVERSARY OF THE KATIE TRIBUTE

Hi everyone,
It has been pretty quiet here on the Katie Tribute site. I know how busy the summers can get and a lot of family activity. I too, have been busy, so good some not so good. This summer I was attacked by a condition called Polymyalga. They do not know what causes it and they do not know how to treat it, but I can tell you it can be debilitating physically with severe pain 24 hours per day and you have difficulty even sleeping. Fortunately it comes and goes.
September 17th I had an operation on my knee, called Nanoknee. It is a different knee replacement and I walked out of the hospital the day of surgery and I have been walking daily every since. Google it and check it out. It was developed by Dr. Ferro in Arroyo Grande, Ca. Absolutely amazing....I recommend it to anyone needing knee replacement.
Now that we are into the fall, I start to think about the next Katie Tribute. This is special because it will be the 10th and it will be staged on June 6th,( If the date is approved by the TPG) which would be Katie and my 56th wedding anniversary.
Keep thinking about what you would like to see at the next Katie Tribute and seriously, bring the ladies.
I would appreciate any suggestions......
Bob
Nov 05, 2019, 01:15 AM
I make planes I want to fly
Glad you’re doing better Bob!

I’ll definitely be bringing my lady next year along with our son (they helped you with the raffle this year)

I had a thought: What if some of the larger more stable ships were equipped with small FPV cameras and video transmitters - like they use on race drones - and we offered “rides” to people via goggles or screens? We wouldn’t be piloting through FPV, but it would offer non-flying guests and visitors a great birds-eye view of the aerial scenery.

I have one camera and a decent box-goggle setup with a removable screen that can be shared by a couple people at once. I bet more than a few of us might know someone with a camera and goggles we could borrow. Just a thought.
Nov 10, 2019, 05:43 AM
gonzalo contreras

Following you

Hi Bob

I was more than two years retired of the hobby, but in contact, now i`m working in a new project in USA. But it`s a secret. When i start the project ( i think in Nort Carolina ) i notify you about it. Regards.
Nov 16, 2019, 04:01 PM
Life is better now
Thread OP

Katie Tribute 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid7night
Glad you’re doing better Bob!

I’ll definitely be bringing my lady next year along with our son (they helped you with the raffle this year)

I had a thought: What if some of the larger more stable ships were equipped with small FPV cameras and video transmitters - like they use on race drones - and we offered “rides” to people via goggles or screens? We wouldn’t be piloting through FPV, but it would offer non-flying guests and visitors a great birds-eye view of the aerial scenery.

I have one camera and a decent box-goggle setup with a removable screen that can be shared by a couple people at once. I bet more than a few of us might know someone with a camera and goggles we could borrow. Just a thought.
Really great idea....is there anyone else out there coming the the 10th Anniversary celebration that has similar equipment. I am sure we can get a few 100" or larger floaters to volunteer themselves to this cause. Let's hear from you. Post or PM....join in the fun.
Nov 16, 2019, 04:03 PM
Life is better now
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalo contrera
Hi Bob

I was more than two years retired of the hobby, but in contact, now i`m working in a new project in USA. But it`s a secret. When i start the project ( i think in Nort Carolina ) i notify you about it. Regards.
My good friend.....You are now out of danger and in the USA? Please PM me.....I want to know more!....
Bob
Dec 13, 2019, 05:27 PM
Life is better now
Thread OP

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Hello to all our friends around the world.
I am still accepting ideas and suggestions about how we are together going to make this next Katie Tribute very special. As I have stated in the past.....Katie was a great flyer and taught many ladies and guys to fly. I am sure she would be pleased if we had a good turn out of ladies and hopefully some of them will fly. I will happily meet with and explain how much Katie enjoyed the flying to any of the ladies that attend.
I do not think there will be a problem with the date, so please mark your calendars for Saturday, June 6th, 2020 for attending the 10th Anniversary Katie Martin Tribute.
It is mid-December and the Holidays are upon us. Might be a great time to buy your girl friend, wife or daughter a sailplane for Christmas.....plenty of time to build and practice.

Finally, with all my heart, I want to wish all of you the very best for a Merry Christmas and a joyous and safe Holiday.
Bob

Quick Reply