Dec 29, 2018, 04:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Diatone GT R349 Owners thread

I have just searched and there´s no thread dedicated only to this great drone (there´s only one and it is full of off-topic messages), so I open it in order to start writing on it.

Specifications of this drone are really great:
  • Item name: 2019 GT-Rabbit R349+ 3 inch 3-4S
  • Color: Bla/White/Transparent
  • Fury F4 OSD 8K flight controller: MPU6000 Six-Axis; OSD; 16M Flash; 5V 2A BEC;
  • Camera: Runcam micro swift
  • VTX: TBS unify Pro 5V or Runcam TX200U VTX
  • ESC: F25 20A Current Sensor 3-4S
  • Motor: Mamba racing 1408 4000KV 3-4S
  • Propeller: 3 inch

I have flown it and for me it is the best 3 inch drone at this moment comparing to others I have tried. It is very very powerful and soft at the same time.

Review in spanish of this drone:

Diatone GT R349 2019: Mi favorito del 2.018 (13 min 39 sec)

Some remarks:

Pros:
  • Frame is very well finiched. Corners are so soft...
  • Design is really good. The canopy looks great, there place do to put a rx, autonomous buzzer, camera with dvr,... that´s great.
  • Motors are... no words, the run great.
  • Video quality is great: very good camera and the VTX is the best I have seen. With 200mw there are no interferences at all and with 25mw you can fly in 400m round without any problem.
  • Even from stock flies great. Settings are great.
  • I have crashed it some times, even againts some trees, and no problems at all. It is a hard boy.

Cons:
  • The strip for the batteries is a bit short for 4S batteries.
  • Even when the original antenna works great, using a UXII antenna improves a lot.
  • They should include the leds from factory (less than 1 USD and looks great).
  • No more at all.

Some photographs of the original drone, added led and UXII antenna and compared to Eachine TS130.
Last edited by Sumfear; Jan 02, 2019 at 04:05 PM. Reason: title change
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2018, 04:36 PM
Thread OP
I have just added the Caddx Turtle V2 to the drone.

Even when there is many space left in the pod, I could not install the radio receiver TX, Turtle DVR and protector together. I have opted for not installing the protector.

Also, the lenses are very wide for the pod, so you have to take out the lens protectors to install the new camera. I have still not tried it (raining), but attach some photographs.
Dec 29, 2018, 04:41 PM
Thread OP

Caddx Turtle Mod

duplicated
Dec 29, 2018, 04:52 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumfear
I have just searched and there´s no threat dedicated only to this great drone (there´s only one and it is full of off-topic messages), so I open it in order to start writing on it.

A drone threat sounds pretty scary. I bet you meant thread, instead.

But apart from the spelling, it does indeed seem that this new Diatone is somewhat underexposed. I was hoping to test one, as I've also had the pleasure of flying it's predecessors, the GT-M3 SX and V2 version of the GT-M3 series. But that hasn't happened so far, so glad others are stepping in to provide some extra info.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 29, 2018, 07:10 PM
Can you compare the r349 to the ts130 you have?
Dec 30, 2018, 11:04 AM
Very interested in this drone too.

Do u fly 2.5” too? How does it compare to your “best” 2.5” drone?
Dec 30, 2018, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
A drone threat sounds pretty scary. I bet you meant thread, instead.

But apart from the spelling, it does indeed seem that this new Diatone is somewhat underexposed. I was hoping to test one, as I've also had the pleasure of flying it's predecessors, the GT-M3 SX and V2 version of the GT-M3 series. But that hasn't happened so far, so glad others are stepping in to provide some extra info.
�� drone threat! Sorry MI6, it was not my intention...

As you know over the paper specs are very similar to those of the M3...

For this model, I just got amazed how easy is to fly it. It is very responsive and does what you ask it to do. Video quality is also something remarkable.
Last edited by Sumfear; Dec 30, 2018 at 04:17 PM.
Dec 30, 2018, 04:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
Can you compare the r349 to the ts130 you have?
I want to make a test in circuit, but before doing it I can say that:

- Both are very powerful. Similar indeed.
- TS sounds louder.
- R349 has a much smother fly. Flies as over rails.
- Video quality is better in the R349

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadasu
Very interested in this drone too.

Do u fly 2.5” too? How does it compare to your “best” 2.5” drone?
Is very different.

Weight is quite similar and the thrust they give us much higher. 2.5” drones have better maneuverability is smaller spaces as a forest for example, but these drones are much more similar to the 5” ones in the way they fly.

I prefer 3”.
Dec 30, 2018, 07:05 PM
Thank you for your reply (I'm beginning to think this may be the next 3" for me).

Any thoughts on choosing between using gnb 4s 450, 550 or 650mah lipos with the r349?
Dec 31, 2018, 01:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thank you for your reply (I'm beginning to think this may be the next 3" for me).

Any thoughts on choosing between using gnb 4s 450, 550 or 650mah lipos with the r349?
I have used 650 and 1000mah 4s lipos with it. 1000 is too much but I wouldn’t go bellow 550/650 because that would mean nearly no fly time.

650mah would be my personal choice.
Dec 31, 2018, 01:47 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
�� drone threat! Sorry MI6, it was not my intention...

As you know over the paper specs are very similar to those of the M3...

For this model, I just got amazed how easy is to fly it. It is very responsive and does what you ask it to do. Video quality is also something remarkable.

Yeah, before you know it, a SWAT team is coming at your door, take you in custody for 36 hour interrogation, and confiscate all your quadcopters for investigation.

Btw, the title still reads "threat", so could you also change that?

Thanks for the comparison between TS130 and R349. As for the video, did you also try a different camera on the TS130? The Foxeer camera can cause some extra noise on some quads, and several TS130 owners reported less noise after swapping out for RunCam or other brand micro camera.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 31, 2018, 12:21 PM
Can I just ask if the cam is a runcam micro swift v1, 2 or 3 please?
Jan 02, 2019, 04:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Yeah, before you know it, a SWAT team is coming at your door, take you in custody for 36 hour interrogation, and confiscate all your quadcopters for investigation.

Btw, the title still reads "threat", so could you also change that?

Thanks for the comparison between TS130 and R349. As for the video, did you also try a different camera on the TS130? The Foxeer camera can cause some extra noise on some quads, and several TS130 owners reported less noise after swapping out for RunCam or other brand micro camera.
I am going to test the TS130 with a Runcam Micro Swift V2, lets see if the noise on the image disappears... Anyway, the video quality of the TS130 is not bad when flying.

Quote:
Can I just ask if the cam is a runcam micro swift v1, 2 or 3 please?
It is V1 for sure. The specs do not say anything, but compared to a V2 I have it is V1 for sure.
Jan 12, 2019, 03:26 AM
Anyone got the CLI dump of the out-of-the-box R349? I crashed mine, had to replace the FC and need to re-do the settings in Betaflight
Jan 12, 2019, 05:47 AM
Quote:
It is V1 for sure. The specs do not say anything, but compared to a V2 I have it is V1 for sure.
Cheers for confirming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acedfpv
Anyone got the CLI dump of the out-of-the-box R349? I crashed mine, had to replace the FC and need to re-do the settings in Betaflight
Was it a particularly bad crash, because the model is not very sturdy or just bad luck?

Quick Reply