Apr 12, 2002, 05:47 PM
OK, I'm gonna go out and try that right now. Stay tuned!!!!........
to remove ads between posts
Apr 23, 2002, 08:51 AM

DAW 1-26 HLG

Here's my first plane, Dave's Aircraft Works 1-26 Schweizer Hand Launch Glider.
Apr 23, 2002, 09:03 AM
Very nice, looks great Love the colors, mine looked pretty good too until it started talkin to the rocks on the slope where I fly.

Nice job
Apr 23, 2002, 09:05 AM
Leave me alone!
Quote:
Originally posted by Vinnya42
mine looked pretty good too until it started talkin to the rocks on the slope where I fly.

Nice job
I like that expression! Mind if I steal it?

I do love those colors. It's your first plane, ok... but surely it's not your first covering job! The lines are straight, which I'm hard pressed to do after 12 years of building Good job, waiting
Apr 23, 2002, 09:09 AM
I just thought that one up so feel free to use it.

and the covering job is top notch.
Apr 23, 2002, 09:34 AM
Vice President at MultiGP
Here is a fellow sloper's Schweizer. We affectionately named it creaky as the rudder creaks very loudly when moved. Great flying plane. Hidden in the windscreen is a hacked XCam that provides on board video. We have not had a chance to digitize any of the video yet, but when I can, I will post a link to it.

James
Apr 23, 2002, 01:54 PM
Hey Waiting,

Did I see you up at Coyote Hills last sunday with that plane? It looks familiar. I was there with my DAW 1-26 hlg that is red and yellow with the poly set up. One of these days I'll remember to take a picture of it and post. I have some pics of it during the building, but the only one I took after finishing came out really dark.

--Todd
Apr 23, 2002, 02:07 PM
Yup, that was me up at Coyote Hills.

And thanks for the kudos on the covering job... it was actually my first covering job too. Turned out nice, but I spent way too much time doing it. I do have a perfectionist streak... comes from being a software developer
Apr 23, 2002, 02:09 PM
Vice President at MultiGP
Here is another shot your guys might want to see, a formation of a massive Mother Ship, the Schweizer, a Boomerang and a zagi. They are all about the same height, so you can see how big the Mother Ship is! We practice docking on the Mother Ship as we can't take it down in combat, so we might as well join it!

James
Apr 25, 2002, 01:33 AM
Here is my new pride and joy. It's called a Prodij and it goes extremely fast on the front side and DS's like it's got an afterburner
Apr 25, 2002, 10:16 AM

Superb Day

I had a marvellous afternoon's flying yesterday - here are a few shots of a Mugi and Zugini - interspersed with paragliders. Photos by Ken Croft. All for the equivalent of 5 US dollars.
Tx went from 11.2v down to 9.2 before I stopped flying.

Tony
Last edited by tonyo; Apr 25, 2002 at 10:18 AM.
Apr 25, 2002, 12:17 PM

Superb Day

Dunno what happened to the others so here's Ken's composite of the pics taken - I particularly like the Mugi head on, and the 'Blimp' of the paraglider and Zugini
Tony
Apr 25, 2002, 01:46 PM
Hey guys,

Don't forget to add you pics in the Gallery.

Dave
Apr 25, 2002, 05:18 PM
high-speed freak
ooh... I've been wanting to build a mugi, gotta order some coro...

what kind of conditions does it like? will it punch through heavy winds, can you ballast the heck out of it to get the speed up?
Apr 25, 2002, 05:44 PM

Mugi

Mine flies at 5.5oz all-up weight including lights.
It works in 8mph and upto 25mph so far. No ballast needed. It's a bit twitchy on launch in windy weather, so you need a couple of holes to put fingers in to steady it. It's got the 'butterfly syndrome', that is it seems to be able to fly upwind in a gale without effort. It's a fun aeroplane but I like the Zugini better. Still, you can't beat an aeroplane that costs next to nothing in time or cash and which seems fairly indistructable due to the lack of weight.
I will own up to one serious deficiency in my Mugi. I was warned in advance that when you mask off the t/e and apply the contact adhesive that I should not forget to remove the masking tape before sticking the t/e together. So if you look at the photos,.....
And when you look at others, they've done the same thing!
Look up the forums and website for variations and hints.
Tony

Quick Reply