Old Jan 07, 2005, 12:36 PM
Find More Posts by ralf dvorak
Tear down the WALL!
Cool

where to get BVM F-86 Wing tank(s)?

hi all,
anybody got a hint where to get a set (or at least one) of BVM F-86 underwing tanks, condition doesn't matter, besides the immensely expensive new parts?
Tried eba* aso, no avail.
Anybody got a no more used set?

many thanks,
RD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2005, 03:42 AM
Find More Posts by LGM Graphix
airbrush guru
http://www.bvmjets.com/Specials/Specials.htm

email them, see if they have a slightly blemished one in their specials stock.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 04:54 AM
Find More Posts by tonyabw60
Hi
You could try the TRIM ones as I dont think there is much differance in size.
Hope this helps
Tony
Old Jan 20, 2005, 10:41 AM
Tear down the WALL!

nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
http://www.bvmjets.com/Specials/Specials.htm

email them, see if they have a slightly blemished one in their specials stock.
...Chris was so kind to call them, none available. Std replacement is too $$ for my taste.

@Tony, thanks, I found some pics on their hp, but it seems they modeled the 200gal tank, I am looking for the 120gal tank. Besides, I haven't found the tanks in the kit contents pic.

Still looking,
RD
Old Jan 30, 2005, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by timmig
Does anyone know where I could pick up and F86 bare bones fuse from? I'm an AVID sloper-- and want to build one for the slope-- approximately 40 to 50 inch wingspan- I can shape a plug and build a mold-- all of that-- but I don't think I need to re-invent the wheel as there are a lot of them out there. Does anyone have a crashed one?
Curious sloper
Timmig
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:01 AM
Find More Posts by LGM Graphix
airbrush guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmig
Does anyone know where I could pick up and F86 bare bones fuse from? I'm an AVID sloper-- and want to build one for the slope-- approximately 40 to 50 inch wingspan- I can shape a plug and build a mold-- all of that-- but I don't think I need to re-invent the wheel as there are a lot of them out there. Does anyone have a crashed one?
Curious sloper
Timmig
I would try the Jet hangar hobbies F86, it's about the size you're looking for, $450, but that's really not that bad. You'd save a lot of weight with all the internal stuff out of it.

http://www.jethangar.com/Aircraft/Sabre/F86.html
Old Jan 31, 2005, 06:39 AM
Tear down the WALL!

drop tanks again...

...just followed that link, they offer tanks for their Sabre/Fury too... anyone knows how large these are? As it's a smaller scale, maybe the 200gal tank resembles the 120gal in 1:7,5?

Thanks,
RD