Jun 05, 2019, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis01
I was just saying tonight, I've gotten pretty quick with 360. I still use DraftSight when I'm doing parts for our RC cars - a lot of fixed mounting points that need to be matched - then I save as R14 dxf mode so I can import into 360. I found other versions of dxf gave some weird dimensions, so I stick the R14 dxf.

And I have watched a lot of you tube videos - just try to not get distracted and go off on another tangent . I also signed up for a video course at Udemy - it was a woodworking / Fusion 360 course that went over creating and animating assemblies - on sale for $12 .

So 5 months in - I'm doing OK - made a bunch of custom parts for RC car racing Ö not designing any space ships yet - that may take a bit longer.
Fusion can be a bit of a learning curve but it's a pretty powerful piece of software. And the price is AMAZING.
Videos are very helpful, yes, if you dont get distracted.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2019, 09:19 PM
AUTOCAD is 3D if you Autocad LT that 2D
I would check with manufacturer of CNC Router and the right CAD program and version to use with the router.

Some CAD program will do better than others on some routers.

Back 1990's I sent drawings to work on CNC Torch Vender using TuboCad in DWG File it did not read the file. Later same year I switched to Autocad LT95 and sent the DWG file and it work great.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis01
I have a legal copies of Inventor 2016 and Fusion 360. I'm an old school 2D CAD guy - AutoCAD / TurboCAD and currently using Draftsight.

I have a CNC Router coming shortly and while I can stumble around in 2D for most projects, I'd like to learn more 3D. I've done a bit in Inventor, but I'm wondering if Fusion would be better for me in the long run.

Either way, I need to pick a package and dig in to it - any reccomendations?

Bruce

Quick Reply