Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 27, 2018, 08:14 AM
Contest

3 Days of ESL electric sailplane contesting in Birdsboro, PA JULY 5-7 2019

After last years feasco with the field access I got talked into trying this again a couple of weeks later with the idea the field issues will be taken care of. I know the day after the 4th is less than ideal but it was the best of the worst days available on our calendar.
Please see : http://www.flyesl.org/Contest.aspx?contestid=306
Friday will be an ALES League contest. Saturday and Sunday will be an US F5J Tour contest.

The ALES contest will be pretty standard with a couple of exceptions the most notable are the landing (50 point max, 1 point per 10 cm) and the 100M in bounds vs 75. Launch altitude will be determined the day before but probably 150M.
Saturday and Sunday will be an F5J tour event. There will be no fly-off rounds! All rounds will be 10 minutes and everyone will fly.
An approved F5J device will be required! If you would like to borrow one please contact me in advance.
This is one of ESL's favorite fields although the landing area may not be great depending on the wind direction, probably not flat but equal for everyone. There is plenty of varied terrain to kick off thermals. NO NO-Fly zones.
F5J winner receives a $25 gift card (Starbucks) and if there are lots of entries I'll figure out something special for the overall winner.
Other Information:
Sign In starts at 8:00 Pilots meeting at 8:45 First flight at 9AM and the plan is to use a standard ALES recording with 5 minutes between groups.
Friday and Saturday there will be no rounds starting after 4:31 PM and Sunday there will be no rounds starting after 2:29 PM. A short lunch break each day. No food provided. Please bring your own picnic and drinks.
The field will be available on Thursday for practice. There will be NO F5J practice on Friday until the ALES contest is complete.
Primitive camping is allowed. Porta potty on field.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 27, 2018, 07:58 PM
Oleg Golovidov
I plan to attend!
Hope my family plans allow for all 3 days.
If not, it may be just Sat-Sun.
Dec 28, 2018, 06:39 AM

Ps

If you'd like to register but do not want to sign up to the ESL web site just let me know your name and AMA number and I'll get you on the list.
Registration on the field is acceptable but it makes it easier on me if you do so in advance.
Thanks,
Kerry
Jan 06, 2019, 07:27 PM
Kerry really looking forward to this event. I think it will be a lot of fun. Hopefully my wife doesn't schedule me for another Cape Cod adventure. Don't tell her but I would rather fly models than sit on the beach and watching my kids throw seaweed at each other.

Quick Reply