Jan 31, 2021, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd
FYI Ordered one from the above link. What I received is marked as F11 Pro 4K. Doesn't say anything on it or box, owner manual about being an S model. The invoice says its an 'S' model but the product etcc says not. What is the S suppose to indicate or provide?
One has a 720p camera integrated into the bottom, facing the ground to provide additional stability via "Optical Flow Control"...

There seems to be a bit of confusion whether the Optical flow is on the "S' or non "S" model, regardless, if you flip your drone over and see a small camera just forward of two small circular divot/depressions in the plastic housing , it would have "Optical Flow"

Though that being said, I have one with the camera and one without, and both have random issues maintaining a steady "Hover" usually related to "Magnetic Interference" errors or "Compass calibration" errors that occur mid flight, or seemingly as the battery drops below 11.5 V...

Good Luck... (In my case) when the drone is behaving, it is quite nice
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2021, 08:14 AM
4wd
4wd
I've flown mine about four times now. Its a non S model. Few comments.

It is stable as there is not the toilet bowling going on when it returns to ground. It doesn't return to its launch point with a high degree of accuracy so you have to intervene by stopping return to Home and flying manual if you are like me flying from narrow free space launch point.

Video quality is good enough. It would save data storage space and look just as good if it would record data at a 2 K rate. It uses a lot of space for not spectacular video quality. Its good with good lighting poor in sunset lighting. Video trac stops/starts if remote loses wifi contact.

The Video does benefit from the auto gimble thingy the camera is mounted on. You can shoot some good quality video if light level is decent.

Range flying behind a leafless tree canopy is about 1000 -1200 ft max horizontal distance. It auto returns when a signal break occurs but you really can't go too far afield with this communication setup.

Battery life is 15 minutes. Instructions are sparse and incomplete. Holystone makes my other drone a 700D? has a much better book with more comprehensive tips on how to utilize flight options.

Wish one could increase altitude limit and horizontal range with some technical mod and or hack.
Feb 09, 2021, 11:00 AM

Bind Controller RC with SJRC f11 PRO

I have an F11 with the following problem: The control is not pairing with the application. The blank icon appears on the screen but the drone does not receive commands from the joystick. I tried to re-weld the aircraft's internal antenna but it didn't work. Does anyone know how to fully reset the drone? Thank you.
Mar 04, 2021, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd
I've flown mine about four times now. Its a non S model. Few comments.

It is stable as there is not the toilet bowling going on when it returns to ground. It doesn't return to its launch point with a high degree of accuracy so you have to intervene by stopping return to Home and flying manual if you are like me flying from narrow free space launch point.

Video quality is good enough. It would save data storage space and look just as good if it would record data at a 2 K rate. It uses a lot of space for not spectacular video quality. Its good with good lighting poor in sunset lighting. Video trac stops/starts if remote loses wifi contact.

The Video does benefit from the auto gimble thingy the camera is mounted on. You can shoot some good quality video if light level is decent.

Range flying behind a leafless tree canopy is about 1000 -1200 ft max horizontal distance. It auto returns when a signal break occurs but you really can't go too far afield with this communication setup.

Battery life is 15 minutes. Instructions are sparse and incomplete. Holystone makes my other drone a 700D? has a much better book with more comprehensive tips on how to utilize flight options.

Wish one could increase altitude limit and horizontal range with some technical mod and or hack.
I haven't had any issues with battery life so far, but most of my flights have been to max allowed altitude and descending ascending etc. Just getting used to it.
Jul 25, 2021, 04:11 AM
Thread OP

My review of the SJRC F11 4K Pro

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

SJRC F11 4K Pro review. In this SJRC F11 4K Pro review, I share unboxing, features, functions, app, calibrations, camera, fpv range, RTH & flight duration of this great value GPS drone with a 4K camera mounted on a 2-axis gimbal.

SJRC F11 4K Pro review - Overview & Basic Functions (Part 1) (33 min 11 sec)
Aug 04, 2021, 08:27 AM
youtube.com/c/BillCranford
Anyone have experience repairing internals of the f11 4K pro?

I’ve had my sjrc for about a year now and had some great flights. I did get the toilet bowl effect once and have just manually landed since that one RTH attempt.

Yesterday I may have had a battery failure? I was up about 100 ft about 3 minutes into the flight when the low voltage return to home prompt appeared. I thought it was odd but began to descend right away. … then at about 50 ft up the propeller noise stopped, tumbling to the ground!

I’m surprised the only damage seems to be the right rear motor and the WiFi signal is no longer transmitted out.

Is this worth repairing? What board sends WiFi out? Is it the camera assembly?

Thanks

Edit: the battery was also a little damaged. I took it apart and measured the voltage before discarding it. 11.89 volts ???
Last edited by Billcran3; Aug 04, 2021 at 08:43 AM.
Aug 05, 2021, 03:13 AM
Thread OP
Hi Bill

Sorry to see that your craft got damaged. The wifi signal is transmitted from the camera. These videos may help you:

SJRC - F11 l DRONE WIFI 5G CAMERA DISMANTLE (8 min 22 sec)

SJRC F11 GPS Drone Replace Left arm Broken Prt-2 (27 min 41 sec)
Aug 06, 2021, 05:30 AM
youtube.com/c/BillCranford
Thanks. I do have most of it apart now. I guess I would need the camera and RR motor arm. I did a test with the cover off spinning the motors in the ready to take off mode, a little smoke came out of the flight controller board as the rr motor struggled to turn. It may need a flight controller board also.
Thanks for the info, I’ll check these videos out later.
Dec 23, 2021, 03:03 PM
long range flight with sjrc f11S 1km flight

voo long range Sjrc f11S de 1.2km numa pequena ilha quase que o drone não volta no vento forte (11 min 19 sec)
May 19, 2022, 09:03 PM

Panic rth needs clarifications

Hello. Re Panic low battery : Nice video but need more info. The post says to long press GPS 'cancels the rth on low battery. I don't know about this as I have been flying mine without GPS and it has triggered the rth when reaching so called low battery although it was only abt 15 minutes out of the 26! I had many incidents/accidents inc. self injury on this account.
Long press of GPS only cancels the GPS but then it is not as stable to fly.
It is the first time I have found a 'would be way' to cancel rth on low battery and I don't quite believe this is right.
With more than 50 flights only twice it did not rth at all...?
I will find out if I need to sign in to post this...
michelmnr@gmail.com Yes I did!
Sep 10, 2022, 08:20 PM
Most anything RC
Bought this drone a few months ago. Connects to phone, gps etc, can't get motors to start. Help anyone?

Quick Reply