Dec 26, 2018, 05:40 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

SJRC F11 1080P GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Brushless RC Drone 25min Flight Time OWNERS

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

SJRC F11 review. This NEW SJRC F11 1080P GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Brushless RC Drone 25min Flight Time RTF review includes unboxing, inspection, features, compass calibration, camera, app, flight and time tests. Additional batteries are also available with this. Flight action starts at 8:32 .

Get this SJRC F11 available here now: https://goo.gl/cvKGZD

UPDATE 30 April 2019
You can pre-order the SJRC F11 Pro version here now:
http://bit.ly/2DEVd1N

SJRC F11 review - 1080P GPS 5G WiFi FPV Foldable Brushless RC Drone 25min Flight Time RTF (27 min 21 sec)
Last edited by Bill M - RC; Apr 30, 2019 at 07:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2019, 07:57 PM
Thread OP

SJRC F11 IOS App Test

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

SJRC F11 review. This SJRC F11 review includes Gesture Mode, Active track, Follow-me, Waypoint navigation, RTH, Take-off & land features using an Apple iphone.

SJRC F11 review - IOS App Test (12 min 32 sec)
Jan 07, 2019, 09:28 AM
Omg ... you were so lucky to not be trapped in the high branches
Jan 07, 2019, 01:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Hi Seby, yes, I thought 25 meters would be ok in case this happened but it looks close on the camera.
Jan 10, 2019, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Very lucky my man.
Jan 11, 2019, 10:34 AM

Repeat of previous First Impressions message

F11 Impressions

My Pre-Order F11 was predicted to be delivered on Jan. 2, 2019. It is the 1080p 600m version.

Dec. 26,2018

I received my pre-ordered F11 from TomTop today, earlier (and later, pre-order 9/24/2018) than expected. First impressions:

1. Both the flight vehicle and controller appear to have quality workmanship.

2. The manual though small is well written and easily understood (magnifiers)for English speakers.

3. Battery charging is underway with the supplied USB charger. Controller battery took about the advertised 50 min., the Flight battery looks lie it will take the full 4.5 hours.

Flying weather may not be available for a few days but that allows me to familiarize my self with the SJ GPS Pro app on my Samsung S8+.

Jan 06, 2019, 09:03 AM

Flight Test

Yesterday was a good day for trial of F11 battery flight time with light wind and 60 F degrees. with camera on from prop start to RTH landing I recorded almost 24 minutes. I really miss the EIS of a OnePaa x2000 strapped to my Bugs W2 since that would have made this built in camera very good. As it is the video is just typical of other less expensive quads. My test space only allowed range of about160m but no control or FPV problems appeared.

Flight control is very good and RTH is superb! Tests showed accuracy to less than a meter from launch point. Follow me mode worked well but have not tried orbit mode yet. A fellow enthusiast (Mavic owner) witnessed the tests and was impressed, especially at the pre-order price point. One important plus is the lack of noticeable lag in FPV on the Samsung S8+ phone used as a control for features in conjunction with the Transmitter/controller.

Flight Battery charging is a matter 4-5 hours via USB so order extra batteries or bring another quad along for more flight time.
I ordered from https://www.geekbuying.com/item/SJRC...ry-411766.html .

Overall I am pleased with the F11.
Jan 15, 2019, 10:03 AM

SJRC F11 Long Flying Brushless GPS FPV Camera Drone Flight Test Review

This large folding brushless GPS drone includes a 1080p HD camera and easily flies over 20 minutes per charge. Mine came from Banggood.

and here is its flight demonstration
SJRC F11 Long Flying Brushless GPS FPV Camera Drone Flight Test Review (39 min 3 sec)

Pros
- Folding drone for easy portability.
- 1806 brushless motors.
- Accurate GPS/GLONASS positioning. Includes automatic return to home and landing on command, loss of signal, and low voltage.
- 1080p HD camera that records directly to micro SD card. Camera lens can be remotely swiveled up or down.
- Flight control, FPV video, and camera parameters are controlled through your phone using the SJ GPS Pro app available on Play here and iTunes here .
- Very long flight time per battery charge. I easily got over 21 minutes on its first flight. Also available for purchase with 1, 2, or 3 batteries.

Cons
- Uses 802.11ac WiFi. Not every phone has this WiFi. Before purchasing this drone, it is very important to first verify that your phone is indeed capable of using 802.11ac WiFi.
- Does not have image stabilization or stabilized gimbal.
- Advertised 400 to 500 meter FPV range is unlikely. I got maximum FPV range of about 200 meters in the open desert with very little WiFi interference.
- Somewhat heavy at 490 grams with battery.
- Battery is very long to charge (3 to 4 hours) via USB cable.
- Some of the Android app's advanced features were buggy in their use. And some features such as waypoints and gesture control just did not seem to work.
Jan 17, 2019, 08:08 PM

More Features

I really like Flight Log. Makes it easy to keep up with metrics and use time. Haven't had to use it (yet!)but the lost drone tracker is a very nice feature too. If weather holds I'll try waypoint tests tomorrow.
Jan 21, 2019, 11:54 AM

Maximum FPV Range Test

Here's a flight by another owner who achieved 700 meters with his. He was using a Samsung J5 phone with no repeater. So I guess FPV range performance will vary depending on the phone used.

Sjrc F11 fpv 690 meters........!!!! (3 min 20 sec)
Jan 21, 2019, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00nz843z
Here's a flight by another owner who achieved 700 meters with his. He was using a Samsung J5 phone with no repeater. So I guess FPV range performance will vary depending on the phone used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOIYl3rtz78
Distance looks good but video jumps like mine does when weather is a little bumpy. I've ordered some standoffs legs (Mavic) to see if they will fit the F11. I want to strap a OnePass x2000 under the belly since the raised upper fuselage surface is not conducive to level mounts. I don't really regard the F11 video as very useable except for frame capture opportunities.
Feb 13, 2019, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOFnow
Distance looks good but video jumps like mine does when weather is a little bumpy. I've ordered some standoffs legs (Mavic) to see if they will fit the F11. I want to strap a OnePass x2000 under the belly since the raised upper fuselage surface is not conducive to level mounts. I don't really regard the F11 video as very useable except for frame capture opportunities.
Seems that nobody is flying the F11 based on the interest I see in this forum and others I've searched. At any rate, the Mavic front extensions will work but the rear ones do not fit. So much for that. I did mount a OnePaa on top without proper vibration isolation and had very unsatisfactory videos. The F11 videos were better.
Last edited by TOFnow; Feb 13, 2019 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Grammer
Feb 24, 2019, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Seems that nobody is flying the F11 based on the interest I see in this forum and others I've searched. At any rate, the Mavic front extensions will work but the rear ones do not fit. So much for that. I did mount a OnePaa on top without proper vibration isolation and had very unsatisfactory videos. The F11 videos were better.
Mounted the x2000 with proper shock/vibration isolators and as expected the video quality is excellent.
Feb 24, 2019, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Mounted the x2000 with proper shock/vibration isolators and as expected the video quality is excellent.
Could you please publish some photos about your isolator solution. Also video example would be great to see, thank you.
Feb 26, 2019, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 262octa
Could you please publish some photos about your isolator solution. Also video example would be great to see, thank you.
I used the mounting pieces that came with the x2000. I used strips of double sided tape on either side of the ridge of the body to try to level the mount and also help to hold the mount in place. The safety strap will have to be removed to allow the motor arms to fold for transport if needed but can be re-installed easily. An additional plastic tie strap is used to keep the camera body in place in case of "exuberant landing" . A term I plagiarized from another quad addict.

The whole mount can be removed to change batteries but I just recharge in place.
Feb 26, 2019, 05:22 PM

RTH Warning

If you fly the F11 and are not aware of a dangerous, IMO, situation with RTH then my experience today may help you in the future. Never hit RTH when the drone is at anything less than about 10 m because unlike other GPS quads, like Hubsan 501S, MJX Bugs 2W, it does not rise to a safe altitude and if it is at 2m it will fly at that altitude until it reaches the Home point. I didn't know this and could have had a serious injury if I had been in the return path.

Quick Reply