Dec 26, 2018, 02:05 AM
geekbuying.com
Thread OP
New Product

XK X420 2.4G 6CH VTOL Vertical Take-off And Landing EPP Wingspan 3D Model RC Airplane

XK X420 2.4G 6CH VTOL Vertical Take-off And Landing EPP Wingspan 420mm 3D Model RC Airplane RTF
Coupon: QEVMYBEG
Price: $59.99
Link: https://bit.ly/2LxRZzG

Multiple Flight Modes
1. Indoor vertical fixed-height flight mode, the aircraft can fly vertically like a quadcopter and helicopter. Hover flight and forward and backward, left and right side fly and spin flight, and a one-button take-off / one-button landing function.

2. Outdoor 6G leveling mode. The aircraft takes off vertically, and the one-key conversion level flight enters the 6G fixed height self-stabilization mode, achieving vertical flight to horizontal flight seamless docking, gyroscope self-stabilization, heading lock, which is very suitable for beginner fixed-wing mode practice flight.

3. Outdoor stunt mode, after the aircraft has airborne horizontal flight, the switch switches to the 3D position, and the aircraft enters the 3D stunt mode (3D lock mode), making it easy to make a stunt action such as a tendon roll and a death spiral.

Specifications
Brand: XK
Item No.: X420
Wingspan: 420mm
Material: EPP
Transmitter No.: X4
Mode: Mode 2
Size: 420 X 340 X 135mm
Weight: 155g(With Battery)
Frequency: 2.4G
Channel: 6CH
Gyro: 6-Axis
Li-po Battery: 7.4V 500mAh 20C(Included)
Flying Time: About 8-10mins
Charging Time: About 50-60mins
Transmitter Battery: 4 X 1.5V AA(Not Included)
R/C Distance: More than 200m
Servo: 4.3g X 2
Motor: 050 X 2 Brushed

Package Contents
1 X XK X420 RC Airplane
1 X Transmitter
1 X 7.4V 500mAh 20C Li-po Battery
1 X USB Charger
2 X Propellers
1 X Manual

Latest blog entry: Geekbuying Offers Free samples
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2018, 03:42 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Looks really interesting, less intimidating than the X520, but seems to have inherited all it's main features. If you need this one tested, I'd be happy to help.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 31, 2019, 01:02 PM
There are some discussions on the X420 on the main X520 thread already.
Appears that X420 doesn't fly as well in 6G mode because the gyro is set to fly downward and one needs to pull up to compensate for the gyro setting.
Battery life seems to be poor...about 5 minutes due to the smaller battery and brushed motors.
Also no X8 remote option...people have tried X520 X8 and it won't bind with the X420.
The smaller/lighter size doesn't seem to allow it to fly at slower speed.

Seems like it would be worthwhile to pay a little more to get the X520. X420 doesn't seem to have any advantage other than small discount and smaller size.
Feb 03, 2019, 10:31 AM

Emergency Motor Stop

On top of page 4 of the X420 User Manual it states "At the same time press the emergency motor stop" - what/where is the "emergency motor stop"?
Feb 03, 2019, 12:50 PM

Cold Weather Problems?

Received my X420 yesterday and flew it this morning. Vertical take-off went smoothly but about 15 seconds into flight it just took off by itself, I lost all control. Fortunately it headed across the field, brushed into some spruce tree branches and fell to the snow on the ground. Wondering if this was due to cold temperature (28f)?
Feb 04, 2019, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKane
Received my X420 yesterday and flew it this morning. Vertical take-off went smoothly but about 15 seconds into flight it just took off by itself, I lost all control. Fortunately it headed across the field, brushed into some spruce tree branches and fell to the snow on the ground. Wondering if this was due to cold temperature (28f)?
I'm guessing it went out of range, or the remote somehow lost connections with the controller (could be interference).
The X4 remote has relatively short range, how far do you think the plane was when this happened?
Feb 04, 2019, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdole888
I'm guessing it went out of range, or the remote somehow lost connections with the controller (could be interference).
The X4 remote has relatively short range, how far do you think the plane was when this happened?
No more than 20 ft. Tried it today (55 degrees) and same thing happened - plane starts to wobble then just flops to the ground; again at quite close range.
Feb 07, 2019, 03:01 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Maybe antenna came loose on receiver or transmitter side?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Feb 08, 2019, 01:19 PM

Checked Everything - All good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Maybe antenna came loose on receiver or transmitter side?
I Checked Everything - all good and tight but thanks.
Feb 10, 2019, 05:52 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Weres mine ? Lol
Apr 05, 2019, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKane
I Checked Everything - all good and tight but thanks.
Did you ever get this apparent lemon going? Or did you just have to scrap it?
I was interested in it as a possible source of parts for other builds but it looks to be one of those good ideas that wasn't!
Apr 17, 2019, 12:34 PM

First flight

My first flight ended in the bushes, ignoring my commands.
No visible damage.
After that, any time i take off vertically, it just falls down to horizontal position on the ground.
Does somebody have an idea what happened?
Apr 18, 2019, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salex33
My first flight ended in the bushes, ignoring my commands.
No visible damage.
After that, any time i take off vertically, it just falls down to horizontal position on the ground.
Does somebody have an idea what happened?
Do you calibrate the gyros before you start? I don't have the X420 - just the X520 with the X8 Tx. On that it's....Plug in battery & stand on tail..Then turn on Tx & bind with throttle up & down...Then both sticks to lower left, plane led blinks, goes solid and you're done. After that you can take off from vertical or horizontal. Let us know how you go. Hopefully that'll fix it & you don't have a lemon.
Apr 19, 2019, 08:11 AM
@oztreecrasher,
Thank you very much.
I calibrated the controller, and now it takes off and flies very stable in vertical mode.
Didn't tried horizontal yet.

Quick Reply