This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 23, 2018, 08:59 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Emax Baby Hawk ( Christmas eve )

Emax Baby Hawk (3 min 46 sec)

Emax Baby Hawk

A) Hardest part was installing the XM Rx
B) 2nd hardest part was binding the Rx to Tx ( I needed help for this )
C) Betaflight was easy . Activate Ch5 , select a source ( Switch )
D) I set Arming and Horizone mode to the Switch
E) At the Tx I have 60% Rates and 40% Expo which gives me really nice hover and the baby hawk is still plenty lively
F) Cheap nasty 2s battery works fine so far ( gentle flying ) , and the 450mAh is good for a little over 3 minutes . Would not want to push that .

I have not had as easy a time of it as I have with the Emax Baby Hawk . From installing the Rx to setting up Betaflight the baby Hawk has been very easy . There were no nasty surprises and no challenges . ( Well , except for binding the Rx to Tx .. - I really needed two more hands for that )

I was surprised at how easily the baby hawk handles a decent amount of breeze as well how stable it was in the breeze . With 60% rates and 40% Expo the baby hawk still has plenty of speed and control-ability .
Seriously , simply the best quad experience to date . Even using a cheap nasty battery seems ok so far , just been doing a gentle bit of flying . It's all been line of sight so far , but just colour me impressed .
Looking forward to some FPV as soon as possible ..

Bonus
Ripit Rev2 Updates

Soldered servos direct to the Rx
Wire sleeves melted , some hot glue used to separate them and keep them separated
Soldered a battery plug to the Rx ( 1s Operation )
Bound to Taranis
Control rods in place
Everything is working , just need to do control horns for the rudder / elevator
Then I can glue the wing in place as close to CG as possible .

Last edited by old4570; Dec 23, 2018 at 10:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply