This thread is privately moderated by dbeach, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 20, 2018, 07:46 PM
Thread OP
Announce

2019 Team F5J USA – Trnava, Slovakia – Official Team News

The first ever FAI F5J World Championship competition will be held in Trnava, Slovakia on August 11-17, 2019. The US will be represented by 3 senior pilots, 3 junior pilots, and managers for both the junior and senior teams. The senior team pilots are Oleg Golovidov, Jon Garber, and Toby Herrera, with Skyler Raver as the alternate. Junior team pilots are Dennis Hesselius, Daniel Estingoy, and Stoil Avramov. It is my pleasure to be the team manager and to have Lee Estingoy as the junior team manager. Both the junior and senior teams have lots of experience in international competition. We are all confident that the USA will be very well represented in Slovakia next year.

The team website is live – see https://teamf5jusa.org.

The purpose of the website (and this RCG thread) is to both spread the word on team news and assist in the team’s fundraising efforts. Charitable donations made to the team are used strictly to cover the expense of competing at a world championship. The estimated team budget is approximately $41,000 which covers airfare, equipment transportation, lodging and meals, contest fees, etc. This budget also includes the money that will be spent on purchasing and shipping gifts to all donors (that’s YOU!) Any funds raised in excess of actual expenses will be carried forward and donated to the 2021 team.

Please visit the donations page at https://teamf5jusa.org/donations. Team logo stickers, shirts and hats are offered as gifts from the team depending on the amount of your donation. All gift options include a raffle ticket for every $10 in your contribution to the team. You can pay by check, credit card, or PayPal.

We already have some great sponsors and are actively looking for more. Please let any team member know if you have a worthwhile product or service to offer in the raffle. Prize solicitation is just getting started and we already have a new glider, two transmitters, and two servo sets included in the drawing. The names and logos of the sponsors are displayed on the team website and we encourage all of you to give your future business to these generous companies.

Please subscribe to this thread, donate to the team, and encourage the team pilots to do their best when you compete with them at contests.

On behalf of the team I would like to “Thank You” all in advance for your generous donations. With your support there is a good chance of reaching the podium and hearing “F5J USA!” at the closing ceremony in Slovakia.

Team F5J USA
Last edited by dbeach; Dec 20, 2018 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added logo
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2018, 09:13 PM
Subliminal User
Donated! Go Sr/Jr Team USA!
Dec 20, 2018, 10:56 PM
Oleg Golovidov
I am very honored and proud to be on the first ever USA F5J team.
I know all my teammates feel the same way.
We promise to do our best in Slovakia and to represent the USA in the best possible way.

It is going to be a very interesting journey, but also quite an expensive one.
Thank you all in advance for your generous donations!
Visit the website that David has created (thanks David!) and pick your gift level, or just donate money without a gift and reserve some raffle tickets for yourself.
Donation is the only way to get the cool apparel items with the USA F5J logo!
Dec 21, 2018, 12:25 AM
Team USA F5J
What Oleg said!
Latest blog entry: My sailplanes
Dec 21, 2018, 12:57 AM
Jody Miller
I like the logo guys, lets get the funding going!

Jody
Dec 21, 2018, 01:03 AM
Jody Miller
Wow, I just went on the website and it was super easy to donate.
You guys have some great sponsors! Well done.
Check it out.

Jody
Dec 21, 2018, 02:40 PM

Christmas present

Look what I got a few days early! My Christmas present for 2018, 2019, & 2020.

VERTIGO F5J from Flightcomp. Can't wait to assemble it and get it in the air.

Merry Christmas!

Daniel Estingoy
Dec 21, 2018, 03:32 PM
Team USA F5J
Looks great Daniel, it’ll be a great airplane for you!
Latest blog entry: My sailplanes
Dec 21, 2018, 10:16 PM
Go get 'em guys! -Gary
Dec 26, 2018, 12:33 PM
Go team!!
Dec 26, 2018, 05:26 PM
Oleg Golovidov
It is very nice to see the donations coming.
Thank you all for your support.
Dec 26, 2018, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEstingoy
Look what I got a few days early! My Christmas present for 2018, 2019, & 2020.

VERTIGO F5J from Flightcomp. Can't wait to assemble it and get it in the air.

Merry Christmas!

Daniel Estingoy
Daniel,

You’re an awesome young man. It was great flying with you at the TS in CO. Best of luck at the worlds!

Cheers,

John
Dec 26, 2018, 08:39 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
I can't wait to follow the event next year. Team USA has some strong pilots, best of luck you guys.
Dec 28, 2018, 01:43 PM
Thread OP
The first batch of stickers is going out with tomorrow's mail. We also have shirts and hats already on their way.

Thanks for the support!
Dec 28, 2018, 03:07 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Nice sticker!!!
I may want to beg a couple for myself

Just checked the webpage and there have been some very generous donations made!
Thank you!!!
We will soon have enough money for one way flight tickets for the team!!!
Now to raise a little more for the return tickets
https://teamf5jusa.org/index.php/donations/

Quick Reply