This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 20, 2018, 03:18 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Replacing Nose Wheel Retract - E-Flite Carbon-Z T-28 Trojan!

Guys,

If anyone has replaced the Nose Wheel Retract, it may have been someone who modified it with something else because I just could not see any post that had someone replace the STOCK for STOCK nose wheel retract.

Let me tell you......................to me it was a BIG pain in the ASHE!

Certainly, this doesn't fall in any solid manner of a modification but, it does fall in a slight mod in terms of what you have to do in order to successfully replace a STOCK retract with ALL the disassembly and re-assembly!

Okay, I am beat from a couple of hours with playing ROPE-A-DOPE with this Nose Wheel Retracts!

It seems like grease may have played a part in the BURNING of the Nose Wheel retract Circuit board "or" someone took-off or landed the model in WET GRASS!

You need to look at the pretty pictures I have provided to see what I had to do and some recommendations!

Thanks for your patience with me.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2018, 03:51 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
When working with C and E clips, place the whole shebang in a clear baggie that will accommodate your hands and tools as well. When the inevitable slip happens, the clip will (most often) stay in the baggie.
Dec 20, 2018, 04:07 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Thanks, Elmo!
Dec 20, 2018, 07:24 PM
Good save--on a REALLY fiddly assembly!
Dec 20, 2018, 07:39 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Thanks, Spaaro!

Quick Reply