This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 18, 2018, 12:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Ultra power ups4ac 4 port 1s 2s lipo charger up to 1a charge

Got this for my 2s whoops mainly and very pleased with it so wanted to share it with others.
As far as I know it is the only 4 port 2s charger in this handy small size , has mains built in and can also run off a battery and has most of the facilities used by the bigger chargers for a fraction of the price.

18 December 2018 (11 min 29 sec)

Got mine here.
https://www.banggood.com/custlink/DGGGmUFJ8g

Please consider clicking through this ( battery ) banggood affiliate link https://bit.ly/2C4uXgu link and anything you buy after that visit will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you thanks. It really helps me fund my reviews and I just buy more item which would possibly be of interest.

Good points
Chagres 2s and 1s lipos 4 at a time independently
Shows mah, per cell voltage, current for each lipo in 4 separate displays.
Runs off mains power or battery.
Can set current charge rate
Does normal and HV lipos
Charges NiMH battery too.

Bad points
Slightly bigger than a 6 port 1s charger but not much
Whoop batteries with ph2.0 with no wires cannot fit all 4 in at once unless a extention is made
Cannot set individual current charge rate independently
No storage voltage setting.

Conclusion
Definitely a great option both at home and for outside for charging smaller lipos and the only real option for 2s whoop really, much smaller and quieter than an equivalent full size charger.
Voltage was exactly 4.2 per cell on every battery I charged .
If you fly small micros that use 1s and in particular 2s this is a must imho.

Edit, this charger is sometimes overcharging and for that reason I don't recommend it at the moment , I have reported it to banggood and hoping they will sort out the problem because other users have reported the same problem.
I will update here if the problem gets fixed in a version 2.
Shame because it is so useful for 2s charging , I'm still using it but just keeping an eye on it near the end of charge.
I recommend sometjing like this https://bit.ly/2tLFbxs and a balance board instead maybe https://bit.ly/2IY12w2 untill this problem is sorted.
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Mar 03, 2019 at 02:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2019, 12:27 PM
Thread OP
As good as this is it has a bug in the firmware I think, sometimes it doesn't stop at 4.2v on the display when charging at normal settings, but when I check the battery it hasn't actually over charged it when I plug in battery again it then says voltage is less and charges to the correct voltage with display all correct, i left it to charge once to see what it actually did and it stopped the battery at 4.27v on the display but on my cell checker it read 4.2v?!?!
Note that this happens only occasionally and usually the voltage reads correctly and batteries are charged fine every time.
When the display goes over 4.2v I just unplug the battery and plug it back in and it charges correctly with display all correct too.

Because of this advice any one to check the battery near the end of the charge and check the display when it's getting to 4.2v ...

I informed banggood and asked them to check the firmware etc but not sure if they will fix it or not , they refunded me 50% and I'm still using the charger though monitoring the end of charge carefully.
Make of that what you will, I heard at least one other report of similar problems since though.

Such a shame because it really is extreme convenient for charging my 2s looks and has been reliably charging them quickly but hard to trust it when it's doing this....

Note that despite the display voltage being wrong , the batteries are actually coming off the charger at 4.2v exactly whatever the charger says so that is the main thing I guess.
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Feb 12, 2019 at 12:33 PM.
Feb 12, 2019, 02:39 PM
Ultra Power UP-SFAC OVERCHARGING!!!!! (1 min 36 sec)
Feb 12, 2019, 03:52 PM
Thread OP
Defo not just me then lol!
Did you check your batts on a separate charger to see what they were actually at?

Quick Reply