Jan 05, 2005, 05:40 PM
Thread OP

F-22 Raptor Park Jet

Hello there chaps,
No one seems to have posted a Raptor park jet yet so I thought I'd put on a few pics of my own design. Constructed from 6mm Depron as usual here are the brief stats:
Length 40 inches
Wingspan 28 inches
Motor GWS 350 C gearing
Weight 488g - 1lb 1.5 oz
Prop 8x6
It's all finished and ready for its maiden. I've done a couple of test glides with it just to check the CG. I'm waiting for the weather to clear - hopefully it'll fly tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

Geoff Fowler
Last edited by Claudius; Jan 06, 2005 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Wrong wingspan
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2005, 05:42 PM
Thread OP

Second try to upload pics

Pics didn't attach. Hopefully this time...
Jan 05, 2005, 05:50 PM
Hey Claudius

F22 looks good - good luck on maiden!

What do you think of the 6mm black depron? I have started a F15 from Jettsetts plans using it - seems a little more flexible than the 3mm white I have.

Any thoughts on plans for your F22? count me in if so!

Regards

Gary Collinge
Jan 05, 2005, 05:50 PM
Hey Claudius, that is a VERY neat job!!!
How do you steer this model? Elevator/ailteron? Elevons, flapperons?
My compliments once again!

Dave

[EDIT: sorry I looked too fast, are you using flapperons like Steve's models?]
Jan 05, 2005, 06:02 PM
Looks Like a great Jet, but I think you have your length and wingspan figures backwards.

It will be intresting to see how the GWS 350 C motor arrangement pushes the Raptor around, best of luck on your Maiden!!!!

P.S. what size batt. pack are you using?
Jan 05, 2005, 07:40 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCParkflyer
Looks Like a great Jet, but I think you have your length and wingspan figures backwards.

It will be intresting to see how the GWS 350 C motor arrangement pushes the Raptor around, best of luck on your Maiden!!!!
It looks very cool, but the dimensions can't be correct. If they are, the 350C will not have enough power.

I'm guessing the length is 40 inches but the span is more like 29-31 ish.

All i know is this is a tough plane to make fly

Bob
Jan 05, 2005, 10:47 PM
Park Jet Guru
Fantastic work, Geoff! I especially like the clever way you used the sheet foam to capture the F/A-22's shaping in the forward fuselage and inlets. Very nice!

My first thought was to agree with the others that this model sounds a bit big for the GWS-350C motor. But at the weight you quoted (17.5 oz), it should fly great on that motor. I'm eager to see more to learn how you built a model that large so light!

I also think this would be a fine candidate for the same kind of flaperon/stabilator flight controls used on the F-18 and F-15 park jets.

Great work!

Steve
Jan 06, 2005, 03:24 AM
Looks very cool!!!
Nice and big me likes alot....
Jan 06, 2005, 04:41 AM
Thread OP

Wingspan

The wingspan originally quoted (60") was wrong. You may have noticed that I've edited the original post to the correct wingspan of 28". Sorry if this was confusing. The F-22 is roughly the same size as Steve's F-16 so I'm hoping it will fly well on the same powerplant.

The controls are flaperons and stabilator although I haven't got a six-channel receiver at the moment so the flaperons have a fixed droop and I'm just controlling them as ailerons

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement by the way. I may put plans up in a few days if there's a lot of interest.

Geoff
Jan 06, 2005, 04:52 AM
There is Tons of interest !!

Personally I've been waiting for a year for someone to make a decent F-22. My personal preference is for a twin edf but anything at this point is an improvment Several companies have promised a F-22 in the past, the latest being 3DFoamy, but so far none have seen the light of day

Tom - Milwaukee
Jan 06, 2005, 06:05 AM
TOPDOG
lovely Raptor. any plans
Jan 06, 2005, 08:06 AM
I would love to see the plans -put me on your list!
Hans
Jan 06, 2005, 01:20 PM
Help the needy.......
....POST A PLAN ......LOL
Jan 06, 2005, 02:02 PM
hi

i have also build a fa-22
take a look

nice bird ya ?

but where is the prop ?

the answer : there is no prop.... look

driven by gws edf-75 and 3s konion lipo 1100.
not very fast... even a park-flyer..... but it flies very very well.....
auw aprox 550 gr. ( 19,4oz ) wingspann 60cm (23,6 inch )

have a nice day
Jan 06, 2005, 05:32 PM
Thread OP

No maiden yet

The weather was OK today but unfortunately we were very busy at work so I didn't get a chance to fly the Raptor - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. I've filled and primed the sanded areas now ready for the paint job - not a lot of colour schemes to choose from as it's not in service yet but I think it'll look nice with a bit of airbrushing.

As there seems to be a demand I'll clean up the plans and upload them as soon as possible.

Geecee - I haven't worked with white depron so I can't compare the two but I hear that the white stuff is less flexible and slightly thinner.

RCParkflyer - I'm using a Kokam pack - 11.1v 1500maH - probably bigger than absolutelly necessary

Brati- Nice plane - shame about the missing propeller

Geoff

Quick Reply